Need some help re: new talk group

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
I will submit it when I'm sure of my data. Thanks for the heads up, but it was definitely a Medical Center talk group.

oft

Premium Subscriber
thecop:

I had picked up tgid #41 on the NHRMC P25 system years ago but all I had gotten was dead space / end of comms. I had it in my "unverified" group within that system when programming the BCD396XT with freescan.

I am like you on the talkgroup on the NHC P25 that I picked up on snow day, I am trying to validate what department it really is beore submitting to ensure the data is accurate.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. I'll park the NHCRMC on my HP1 and set to record any transmissions. Hopefully I can get this narrowed down.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
And, folks, this is how many of the VIPER talkgroups were verified in the early
days: just good old fashioned detective work. :)
And we did not have the luxury of scanners that would record audio for
later review. No sir...we had to catch the comms when they happened and log
them into excel spreadsheets we emailed to each other.
You youngins' don't know how good you have it with your Home Patrols and
your recording :D :lol:
I do have to say Identing new TGs is one of the most fun parts of the hobby. :cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
At 60 nothing makes me happier than being called a "youngin"! �� And you're absolutely correct...I LOVE finding new talk groups!

citizenxx

Indeed< something is going on in Wilmington the last week or so, as WPD is on PS 6,7, and 8 if I hear them at all. MY HP-1 sure isn't keeping up with whatever is happening. I thought it was just me, but seeing that others are experiencing this helps out a bit.

central_il

Premium Subscriber
http://www.wilmingtonnc.gov/Portals...ent/News Releases/News Release 01-21-2014.doc

News Release
Wilmington Police Department - WPD Radio Rebanding Begins Today
Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 1:50 am

WILMINGTON, NC - The Wilmington Police Department will begin re-configuring it's radios today.

At 6:00 am this morning the Wilmington Police Department will begin re-configuring more than 500 of their radios. The process is expected to take several weeks and should be completed by January 31st. Three of the agency's main channels will also be encrypted during this process. Members of the general public who listen to the WPD's main channels will notice a difference today. Officers will be using alternate channels for the next few weeks until the re-banding is complete.

The rebanding effort is a part of the Federal Communication Commissions nationwide effort to address growing radio interference on public safety channels. The commission believes the interference is due to the expanding wireless communications industry. Law Enforcement agency's across the country are under-going the process at no cost.

"Officer safety is a growing concern", says Ralph Evangelous, Wilmington Police Chief. "With growing technology criminals are now able to monitor our movements better than before. We will take every measure to ensure our officers have clear and safe communications". Evangelous says his staff has worked to make this re-banding effort as smooth as possible and re-assures citizens that officers response to their calls for service will not be affected.

central_il

Premium Subscriber
While WPD was on PS channels, they were testing full encryption on WPD Westside, Eastside. Short after midnight on Feb 4th (someday close to that), WPD resumed normal communications on WPD Westside, Eastside etc... with full encryption.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Well, that explains a lot. Very sad indeed, but it is what it is. Now I have to hope the New Hanover County Sheriffs Dept. doesn't follow suit, but I think to believe that would be foolish.
Thank you for forwarding the info..

Status
Not open for further replies.