Need some help with a BCT-8 in Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rcarde40

Hey guys. I’m in Ontario, Canada. So I have a BCT-8, it does trunking in the 800's.

And I’m pretty sure I need to do a firmware update and reband as I don’t have the E2 CUS option in the trunking side.

Other than that I have put in some random frequencies that I hear on my XLT125, but I can’t pick them up on the BCT-8. Same antenna and connections. So does anyone have any info or help with any of this? Maybe I have too many freq's so it’s just scanning constantly? Because I’ve locked out all the others I’m not using and only using 25 channels.

My hand held with stock antenna is receiving but this one isn’t .. same frequency but a bigger antenna

mciupa

Ontario is pretty large. Where abouts are you? Did you look in the RadioReference database for your area?

Rcarde40

I’m in Caledon and Dufferin County. Yeah I know I need to do a firmware update.
But the rebanding is the issue for me. Not really sure on that. And in one video I watched I guy took - some kHz for his area so it’s over my head lol!

mciupa

I found an old post with BCT-8 trunking instructions. I'll put the Caledon frequencies in the proper area in the instructions:

Programming the BCT-8
Trunking Programming

1. Press and hold TRUNK for a couple of seconds to enter Trunk Programming mode.

2. Use the number pad to choose a bank number (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5) where you want to store this trunk. If you haven't done any trunk programming before, use bank 1 (press the 1 key). If you already have something programmed into your other banks, choose a new bank number. Remember you can only store one trunk per bank.

3. Press the up arrow until you find what system type you want. LTR Standard LT. Then press the E button.

4. Prog F will appear on the scanner display. Press the E button again. The display will show 1 000.0000.

5 Using the keypad, type in the first frequency 169.155 , then press E.

6. Press the up-arrow button. The display will show 2 000.0000.

7. Using the keypad, type in the next frequency 153.950 , then press E.

8 Press SRCH to begin searching the bank you've programmed.

Be patient. This system is usually busy when there is bad weather, otherwise it is very quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.