need some help with BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepcj71986

Premium Subscriber
I recently found a deal on a BCD396XT and need a little help. I used to have a pro-106 but I ran over it. So I tried for the first time to download from rr data base with freescan but I got to much stuff I don't need. I live in Pontotoc and travel from tupelo to Memphis regularly so would love to have everything that I can pick in this erea but don't know how to go about doing it. I tried but no talk groups showed up. If someone could send me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Or if someone can tell me a better way of doing it. Thanks, I had files from about 5 months back that Mr. Milf sent me for my 106 but they want work or there obsolete.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
When downloading to FreeScan from RR you can select exactly what you want or don't want. If something gets through that you don't want just delete it.

Look at a map and determine which counties you travel through. Then go to each county page in the RR database and look for what you want to program and make notes before you actually select and download them to FreeScan.

This page may also help as well - FreeScan User Guide

Last edited:

jeepcj71986

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. when I downloaded the files from RR data base to freescan it did not download the talkgroups is there a option I missed or some better software that I could get.

jeepcj71986

Premium Subscriber
when programing

im using freescan when I program my bcd396xt with the RR data base for MSWIN do I need to adjust any of the settings so it will pick up MSWIN better or just leave it how freescann sets everything. Thanks.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I would run the radio as it and list and see how it performs, then make any adjustments as need.

teufler

believe this file will work. it is freescan 2.16a. it is pontotoc, union, and marshall counties, state highway patrol on state trunking.

Attachments

• pontotoc.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.