need some help with my BCT15X

Status
Not open for further replies.

youkai

I've recently bought a Uniden Bearcat BCT15X Scanner a few weeks ago and I'm having trouble understanding how to use it. I've managed to create systems and groups for onslow county sheriff and also range control as well as pmo on Camp Lejeune. This is all I can figure out.

My question is how can I use my scanner and it's features to the fullest? I dont understand the manual.

Reason being I am inside my house in the middle of jacksonville and for some reason jax police has shut down the area, must be some hostage situation. I'm not sure, Id be nice to know whats going on and to listen in on whats going down..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

jkrupla08

There is no real clear manual for the BCT15X, and it really is a beast to program. I am still having problems getting trucked systems to load. The best bet to listen to local frequencies is to go through the database home page on radio reference to get your local frequencies. Follow these steps:

- Hit menu
- Push the function button to access program system
- Push the function button again to access new system *note it does not matter what you name it
- Make the system a conventional one because that is the easiest to start with i.e. you are not searching trunking systems
- Now you should be on a screen that has 'edit name, edit sys option, edit group....'
- Select edit group by turning the function button
- Select new group * this is going to hold all of your frequencies
- Select edit channel
- Select new channel
- Enter in the frequency you found from radio references database.

Now at the end of the day I helped create a program to take care of all these steps in a few mouse clicks, but you can get a good program called FREESCAN and it works pretty well. You can get it at ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN!

hope this all helps and gets you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.