Need some help with SDR Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4yek

Hi all,
I have been fighting with an install on one of my computers.

Computer 1 is a desktop Dell running XP home service pack 3, pentium 4 CPU 3.0GHz. 1.5 GB RAM.
I installed SDR Sharp from here: http://sdrsharp.com/downloads/sdr-install.zip
It installed good and then I installed a plugin from here:
**SDR# Plugins
This installed good.

Computer 2: Laptop HP Compaq Presario C500 running Windows Vista Home Basic, Intel Celeron M CPU 1.73 GHz, 1 GB RAM
Now I wanted to do all of that install onto my laptop
SDR Sharp Installed ok but when I went to install the Scanner plugin from **SDR# Plugins I get an error (I attached image sdr_error.zip in case image is fuzzy)

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Attachments

• sdr_error.jpg
    sdr_error.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 653
  • sdr_error.zip
    128.9 KB · Views: 55

br0adband

.NET 2.0, 3.5, and 4.0 are distinct versions and as just noted above, you have to have all of them (or at least the ones you specifically need) to make stuff functional. Just because you have the latest version (based on the version number) doesn't mean it'll support the older version functionality, unfortunately.

Same is true with something like DirectX - there are plenty of programs out there that were written long ago using DirectX 9 and 10 aspects, and even with DirectX 11.(whatever) available nowadays, if you install the latest you'll end up with all the libraries for the older versions as well.

n4yek

I will give that a shot, my desktop has 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0....my laptop only shows 2.0, 3.0 & 4.0
I will let you all know.

n4yek

Every one of you were spot on, that was my problem. I didn't realize that .Net Framework was NOT cumulative in its update.
Thanks guys.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Excellent, glad to hear.

Just to be clear: the .NET frameworks are cumulative in functionality, unless Microsoft deprecated a feature that was present in a previous version.

But as others noted, the versions are separate and specific. .NET executables typically target a specific version of the framework, which was your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.