Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamman11

So I picked up to radios today from my company and two chargers that's all I know they work on my companies site they I believe are mtx8000 model h01ucf6d85an nx now that I have them home they are a no go can get anything I no they are programmed with all the work groups now this have the just the home and arrow keys in them. I am not a genius with this type then so be slow with me but what do I need to do to get them to work around the house or for events I work at I have the chance to get more depending on if I can get these to work anyone have a idiot way to get these to work?

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
There are several reasons why they might not talk to each other. The first one that comes to mind is your company uses a repeater and when at your home you can't reach the repeater. What kind of radio system is your company using? Conventional? Repeater? Trunked?
BB

Adamman11

I am pretty sure repeater? At least as I flip through the channels I see repeater ever once in a while. I mean my major question a bout these is can I reprogram them to just work with each other?

Adamman11

So there's no way to just put them on a private channel or a way to use them with no lincense

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
So there's no way to just put them on a private channel or a way to use them with no lincense

Unless you live in a country without a government you are going to need a proper license to transmit on any frequency. There are some short range low power "walky talky" type radios you can get cheap that require no purchase of a license or extra paperwork. But even though you don't have to buy a license the radio actually comes with one, and it is a restrictive one (generally person to person only, no usage for business). If you want to talk more than a mile or two reliably you'll need a proper commercial radio and you'll need to purchase a license for each frequency you are going to transmit on.

Status
Not open for further replies.