Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

I have the BCD436HP when I go into Sentinel how do I select the entire state of Florida and the entire state of Georgia and not the nationwide frequencies ? when I update the scanner using Sentinel , than turn on my scanner on full data base it gives me Florida, Georgia and nationwide frequencies all I want is just Florida and Georgia how do I do this ?

Thanks

marksmith

First, it is not giving you all of Florida and Georgia, but just some stuff in range of your zip code.

If you are going to scan using that method, and don't want nationwide stuff to scan, you can avoid the stuff in the radio or database, or you can turn of certain service types that mainly are nationwide, such as federal and a number of others.

This will leave you with some portion of FL and GA, based on your zip code.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You can set the Service Types either in Sentinel by editing the Profile or via the scanner keypad Menu>Select Service Types and choose what you do and do not want to monitor.

If you have the full database enabled, you can choose which, if any Nationwide Systems that will be monitored. That's something done on the scanner instead of Sentinel (if there is a way in Sentinel, I can't find it). Menu>Select Nationwide Systems. Use the function knob to scroll through the list. Push the function knob in to toggle On/Off the Nationwide Systems as desired.

As marksmith said, there isn't anything you can do to tell the scanner which states to load - it does that on its own based on the location you enter with the zip code button.

bama9999

It would take a little while to setup, but you could create a series of favorites lists and use Sentinel to populate all the items you are wanting to listen to for both states. For example, a favorites list for Georgia Statewide systems, and four more favorites lists, one being for the counties in the northwest part of the state, one for the counties in the northeast part of the state, etc... Then do something similar for Florida, then choose to scan only the favorites lists, and not the full databse.

Status
Not open for further replies.