BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Need some help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

talleyjosh95

Im in the dallas/fort worth area of texas and have programed by bcd996p2 to where I can listen to the local police stations. I can not hear some of them though (Specifically p25's). Are they encrypted and if so how do I fix it so I can listen to them. Mostly need Fort Worth, Tx.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

marksmith

No scanner can listen to encrypted transmissions. Additionally, it is against Federal Law.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Im in the dallas/fort worth area of texas and have programed by bcd996p2 to where I can listen to the local police stations. I can not hear some of them though (Specifically p25's). Are they encrypted and if so how do I fix it so I can listen to them. Mostly need Fort Worth, Tx.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You can't hear anything encrypted and it's illegal to try and decode a encrypted transmission in the USA. If they encrypt your just out of luck. It is worth keeping some of those encrypted channels in your radio though, you may eventually hear a inter op mission in the clear or yiu could get lucky and somebody could drop a key from there radio and maybe in the clear for a day or two. But for the main part if it's encrypted it's silent and it's most likely not coming back.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
99.9% of the traffic of the Fort Worth PD is encrypted!!! As others have said, you aren't going to hear them and never will.

You might check the database here at RadioReference and determine what is not encrypted. I haven't look in quite awhile so not sure what has transpired!!!!

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Yep..99% of the PD stuff is encrypted...reallly means 100% of what you would want to monitor...but except for Arlington most of what else is on the system is in the clear....

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm new to this... could you see if fort worth is encrypted?
Look at the FWRRS in the database.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7349

Now, look at the Mode column. If you hover your mouse over the Mode heading, you'll see the legend as to what each letter code stands for.

E is encrypted, and as noted above, no scanner can listen to these. Besides Fort Worth, Arlington & Grand Prairie both encrypt their Police talkgroups.

D is Digital, not encrypted. FW Fire and a number of the Tarrant County suburbs are listed as Mode D, along with Tarrant County.

T, which you see under Irving talkgroups as well as Arlington & Grand Prairie Fire TGID's represents P25 Phase II talkgroups.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Steve....I haven't listend to the FWRRS for quite sometime cuz of the encryption...any changes from what is in the DB? I now spend a lot of weekends between FW and Weatherford and could probablyhear the west side traffic.

THANKS

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Yeah but there is alot of law enforcement dispatch and ops on the system that aren't encrypted. Unfortunately it looks like Arlington and Fort Worth and gone but many other agencies are still in the clear the OP should be able to find something exciting to listen to on the system. Even if it's not in his immediate area.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Steve....I haven't listend to the FWRRS for quite sometime cuz of the encryption...any changes from what is in the DB? I now spend a lot of weekends between FW and Weatherford and could probably hear the west side traffic.

THANKS
Cleve,

No significant changes. There quite a few more active talkgroups for Arlington & GP than what is shown, but as the PD ones are encrypted, it would be hard to pin down usage.My reception at home is somewhat borderline, as Grand Prairie and Arlington have their system tweaked to concentrate coverage within their jurisdictional areas. Also, their sites are 'below my horizon' due to the White Rock Escarpment (the big hill you encounter on I-20, going east from Grand Prairie is one example, as is the drop-off going west on I-30 or Jefferson/Davis from Oak Cliff, where I am).

I can copy FWRRS once I get farther west, or north to the Stemmons/Inwood Rd. area. I have the NETCO layer set as a separate system, and the same for Irving, just for clarity when scanning.

I spend the occasional weekend farther west, in the Stephens County/Breckenridge area, and the Parker County P25 system comes in loud & clear there.

Status
Not open for further replies.