Need some info About Knox County public safety's CTCSS and DCS codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabeaner88

I Just know the basics and need sum help with Knox co's radio system,Does anybody know the CTCSS and/or DCS codes of the Knox Co Sheriffs dispatch both A&B and KPD's A,B,and C dispatches? I've programmed all the trunked channels on my Pro-97 but i cant seem to get it where it'll single on one talkgroup so i just hear all talk groups mostly the KAT buses even after i've locked those out, arent the DCS and CTCSS codes for hearing one specific talk group?

n4yek

You don't use DCS or CTCSS when monitoring a trunk system. If you have all ID's programmed into you scanner, you will want to run the Pro 97 in Closed Mode. When you are in this mode, it will only let audio through on the ID's that you do not have locked out.

You currently have you scanner running in Open Mode which allows ALL talkgroups to be monitored, even if you have them locked out.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Correct, Squelch codes are for conventional analog systems. You do not use them on trunked radio systems. Program in the control Chans.. Program in the talkgroups you want to hear. Scan in closed mode.

thabeaner88

Okay I got It in Closed Mode , i have it on the correct control ch but i am still hearing talkgroups i have locked out, and it doesnt seem like that i am hearing all the ones that i want to listen to, and i know that i should be hearing alot more than i am, i have all 20 IDs programmed in that i want to listen to. which i know its not the scanner its self because all of the reg Ch,s are working perfectly, so i am not sure bout wht could be the prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.