need some info

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

yes can some one tell me what is triple trunking and how to use it propperly on a pro - 97
20 - 527 radio shack hand held scanner i know nothing about it i just bought the scanner tonight im new at this

DickH

lugoffman said:
yes can some one tell me what is triple trunking and how to use it propperly on a pro - 97
20 - 527 radio shack hand held scanner i know nothing about it i just bought the scanner tonight im new at this

Triple trunking means that it will trunk track 3 (triple) types of systems - Motorola, LTR & EDACS.

DickH

lugoffman said:
so if i program a code in my scanner my scanner will still trunk codes automaticly it wont mess nothing up

What are you talking about? Where do you see CODES mentioned in the manual? You are dealing with frequencies and Talk Groups. I suggest you read the manual and learn the correct terms, then try to use the equipment.

Here's a simple explanation about trunking. Read this after you study the manual.

How a Motorola trunking system works

OVERVIEW:
The object of trunking is to allow many users to share a relatively few frequencies.
A trunking system is controlled by a computer. Information (data) is exchanged between the radios and the computer on a control channel, sometimes called a data channel. It sounds like a strong buzz.
A large system can have up to 28 freqs., 4 of which may be used as control channels. The control channel may be changed once a day or as often as the programmer decides. Some scanners need only the control channels to track the entire system. In that case just enter only the control channels.

After the frequencies are entered, the banks become scan lists or sub-banks that hold the Talk Groups or IDs.

Each group of users (Fire, Police, etc.) is assigned TALK GROUPS. In a Motorola Type II system, the most common type, TGs are usually in 32 number steps starting with 16 and going up to 65536; 16, 48, 80 --- 4656, 4688, 4720 --- 28944, 28976, etc. System radios can have more than 100 TGs programmed into them.

When a user pushes the talk button on his radio, data is sent to the computer. The computer chooses an unused freq. and sends that data to all the radios using the TG of the originating unit. This all happens in a fraction of a second and it happens EVERY time a radio is used.

EXAMPLE:
Fire Dispatch calling Engine 4 (TG 4528 on 856.7125)
Engine 4 answering Dispatch (TG 4528 on 867.2625)
Respond to 73 Elm Street (TG 4528 on 855.9625)
Engine 4 responding (TG 4528 on 858.4375)

If you have entered TG 4528 into your scanner, it will decode the control channel data and change your scanner freqs. to follow the conversation on TG 4528.

Some scanners have 2 modes, OPEN and CLOSED or SEARCH and SCAN.
OPEN or SEARCH receives all TGs using the system.
CLOSED or SCAN receives only the TGs YOU have put into the scan lists.

This should get you started, but you should read the manual carefully. You may need to read it several times.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Moved. As the Sticky indicates, please do NOT post scanner questions in the Trunking Forum.

NWtoSFO

When I bought my Pro-97 it took me a while to learn how to properly use it. That was a year ago. I love it, but I had to "search" many threads here to find all the info that was available. No sense asking a question that's been asked dozens and dozens of time before when I could find it myself. All the answers you need are on this forum. Search first, ask later.

lugoffman

NWtoSFO said:
When I bought my Pro-97 it took me a while to learn how to properly use it. That was a year ago. I love it, but I had to "search" many threads here to find all the info that was available. No sense asking a question that's been asked dozens and dozens of time before when I could find it myself. All the answers you need are on this forum. Search first, ask later.
yea thanks i just started this new hobbie and i feel like i went to high school football and jumped right in to the NFL im getting jumped on for tring to learn i guess for starters i need to read but i dont know what no one is talking about i dont understand nothing about this all im tring to do is get it to work i got pre programed frequencies already in it it works alittle and i programed my local sherrif dept in it and it works but i dont know if i put it in the right banking or not and im just trying to learn how or if thoses frequencies can even b trunked i live in lugoff south carolina near columbia and just need to know what to put in it to listed to local and hwy patrol for camden lugoff and richland county can u help me ????

Dubbin

Feed Provider
lugoffman said:
yea thanks i just started this new hobbie and i feel like i went to high school football and jumped right in to the NFL im getting jumped on for tring to learn

Yup, its pretty bad when you get jumped on for posting a trunking question in the trunking forum... Maybe they should make it a little more clear for the new users what the trunking forum is used for.

lugoffman

Dubbin said:
Yup, its pretty bad when you get jumped on for posting a trunking question in the trunking forum... Maybe they should make it a little more clear for the new users what the trunking forum is used for.
yea thank you im glad some one is in my favor i guess i should of been a book worm

Status
Not open for further replies.