need some pl tone help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipse3256

if anyone in the manasquan area can help me find this pl tone for 157.110 it's a taxi company. there is also another business on this channel the one i'm interested i n is the company that uses code names for the drivers kendu, bud man, luki etc. if anyone can help it will be very valuable to my buisness thanks

DJ88

I live in the extreme northeastern parrt of Brick, not really that far from Manasquan. I've had the frequency in my 996 for two weeks or so now, working off of my outside discone antenna, and have the channel on tone search, and all I've gotten is bleed over from marine channel 22A, 157.100 (Coast Guard). Are you positive you've got the correct frequency posted? If it's a taxi comapny, I should be picking it up here as those frequencies usually put out a good amount of power.

Boss

PL tone help

There is no valid frequency such as 157.110. If you are hearing a Taxi service it could be Able Taxi 152.345/157605 or Brigg's in Pt. Beach 152.270/157.530

eclipse3256

i am positive that the frequency is 157.110 poss 157.115 i know they are operating illegally and the gentleman in brick friday or saturday night u will here non-stop talk able old frequency mentioned above is from the former owner if u will be around this holiday weekend ,continue to do a pl search thanks very much

Tech792

also, If you're that close, you might be receiving an image. That would explain why DJ88 isn't receiving anything being he is in the same area. Try searching other known taxi frequencies or regular vhf business channels. And as some one stated above, its not a valid frequency assignment. 157.110 is 10 kc's off of the USCG channel. Being in Manasquan by the water, the USCG would have nailed him by now since they have decent DF equipment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.