need some rail fan help

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymondjtoth

Premium Subscriber
i have a bc75xlt great for rails, dose any one know in il the metra ogilvie transportation center scanner frequencies and the metra for desplaines il to hear them thansk ray toth im in desplaines il like to hear these 2 when we ride them or just walking or if we need to dew to i like to keep up once new virus passes so we know when train is so my mom can go out side with here electric wheel chair to get train thansk ray toth sorry bad spelling i have higher up on spectrium autsium just start scannin at end of feb 2020thought i go with them scanner and work my way up to digital dew to my disability thansk ray toth

N8IAA

i have a bc75xlt great for rails, dose any one know in il the metra ogilvie transportation center scanner frequencies and the metra for desplaines il to hear them thansk ray toth im in desplaines il like to hear these 2 when we ride them or just walking or if we need to dew to i like to keep up once new virus passes so we know when train is so my mom can go out side with here electric wheel chair to get train thansk ray toth sorry bad spelling i have higher up on spectrium autsium just start scannin at end of feb 2020thought i go with them scanner and work my way up to digital dew to my disability thansk ray toth

Hey, Ray! :)
You can get the METRA frequencies for Cook county in the RR database by clicking in the top bar of this site. It will bring up a map of the USA. Click on the state of IL, then on Cook county.
Near the bottom of the info page, you will see the frequencies. You can enter any of the 468 MHz, but not the 850 MHz. Then you should be able to monitor the trains.

Have a nice day!

KenFL9

Premium Subscriber
The directions above will take you to the list of management and security frequencies for METRA, but if I interpret your question correctly, you want to monitor the actual rail operations over the host railroads. If so, first go to the state of Illinois under Database and then choose the list titled "Illinois Areawide Frequencies" then choose "Illinois Railroads". You will see the listing of METRA train operating frequencies and all the other area railroads.

Straight to the point, Des Plaines is on the Union Pacific's Harvard Subdivision and the road channel to hear UP freight and METRA commuter trains should be 161.040 which is AAR channel 62. That channel is not listed under METRA but you will find it further down listed under the host railroad, Union Pacific.

Any more questions, just ask.

raymondjtoth

Premium Subscriber
Ty reason I want to do this is my mom in electric wheel chair want to know when we should start to make our way out to meet train hope understand ray toth

KenFL9

Premium Subscriber
Raymond you are correct. My notes were out of date as it changed from 62 to 80 in December 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.