Need some Scanner Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

colodak

Hey guys, I'm getting back into monitoring after a long absence, found aocuple of radios I'm looking to purchase, wondering if there is anyone in the area (I live in Thornton) who would be willing to help get back into things, figuring out these new radios. Previously I had a BC200XLT that was easy to program and figure out, but I'm lost on all these new setups and programming. I'm looking at a PRO-2055 and a couple of other units.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Thornton and all the other agencies in Adams county are on the state DTRS system so you will need a digital scanner in the $500+ range.

Current scanners that will do the job for you include the Uniden BC396 and 996 and GRECOM PSR-500 and PSR-600.

Phil.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Sorry not sure what your name is but welcome none the less to this forum. What is your primary interest to monitor because that could make a big difference in your scanner selection?

Additionally are you aware most all metro agencies are now trunked either Edacs analog or Motorola P25 digital.

Jim<

colodak

I'm looking at a 396 and 996 on ebay, and some other sources, I don't have any particulars for monitering, just the general area is fine.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
colodak said:
I'm looking at a 396 and 996 on ebay, and some other sources, I don't have any particulars for monitering, just the general area is fine.

OK you will need a Pro-96/2096, GRE-500/600 or Uniden 396T/996T those are your options.

Check out www.scancolorado.com also for online feeds as well if your interested.

Jim<

utlchris

Welcome back to scanning. I'm also up in the Thornton area off off Th/Colorado Blvd. Would be more than willing to help out if needed as well. I currently have BCD396T and a BCD996T. Both work well on the DTRS system but have not been pr oven for the MHz simulcast Adams County Sites. May also be that I'm sitting about 1 mile from one of them.

I'm not sure if you plan on listening to any EDACS systems Like Lakewood, West Metro Fire, Denver, etc but with the talk of ESK you might want to look into the PSR500. Although I would hope that Uniden might have that as a future download to their line of radios.

ch40n1k

utlchris said:
Welcome back to scanning. I'm also up in the Thornton area off off Th/Colorado Blvd. Would be more than willing to help out if needed as well. I currently have BCD396T and a BCD996T. Both work well on the DTRS system but have not been pr oven for the MHz simulcast Adams County Sites. May also be that I'm sitting about 1 mile from one of them.

I'm not sure if you plan on listening to any EDACS systems Like Lakewood, West Metro Fire, Denver, etc but with the talk of ESK you might want to look into the PSR500. Although I would hope that Uniden might have that as a future download to their line of radios.
I'm enjoying my 500. If you are looking to buy new, you can pick up a 396/996 or a PSR-500/600 at Ham Radio Outlet on Iliff and Wabash. The 500 performs well on the 700MHz simulcast system as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.