need some tech support

Status
Not open for further replies.

unit417

Trying to figure out the software for the Whistler WS 1098 to program the Allentown, PA P25 trunked system system in one scan group and the PA Sate P 25 system in another. If maybe some has some time to talk me thru this or tell me which part of the instructions to study. The only thing I seem to be receiving is the "bsy signal" generated from a wildcard talk group. LOL. dro me an email markw@abeas.net thanks

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
That is absolutely correct... I live in Pennsylvania near Philly. Look in the database at those systems. When you get a dial tone on a whistler it is an encrypted transmission like bud says.

I'm not a big Whistler user anymore but you might have some options to change the scanners response to an encrypted transmission.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
That is absolutely correct... I live in Pennsylvania near Philly. Look in the database at those systems. When you get a dial tone on a whistler it is an encrypted transmission like bud says.

I'm not a big Whistler user anymore but you might have some options to change the scanners response to an encrypted transmission.
If the WS1098 has similar options to the TRX series (I have a TRX-1), you can choose between the busy signal, silence, or "digital noise", which sounds like a lot of random sounds, like R2D2 on steroids. That choice can be made or changed in EZ-Scan, on the tab labeled Advanced Features, then, on that page, select the tab labeled as Audio Options.
Trying to figure out the software for the Whistler WS 1098 to program the Allentown, PA P25 trunked system system in one scan group and the PA Sate P 25 system in another. If maybe some has some time to talk me thru this or tell me which part of the instructions to study. The only thing I seem to be receiving is the "bsy signal" generated from a wildcard talk group. LOL. dro me an email markw@abeas.net thanks
Looking at the Allentown system in the database, so far it only has one identified PD talkgroup that has been submitted. However, it shows Mode TE, the T meaning Phase II, and the E meaning full time encryption. If the department is moving from their listed conventional frequencies to the new P25 system, then it's likely there are additional talkgroups for the PD that have not been identified and submitted. Since Dispatch is encrypted, the likelihood is that the others will be as well.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yep I have both a 1098 and a TRX 1. I remember now the change was made in ezscan on the TRX and I believe if the 1098 is updated with the latest firmware you can do the same with encrypted audio.

Not to open a can of worms here but even if they weren't encrypted you wouldn't have much luck with either of those two systems with a whistler. Here on the Northeast we have the most god-awful LSM problems. I'm in Bucks County P2 simulcast area and whistlers don't work a lick.

As far as those two systems and their talkgroups? I'm pretty sure they are both going to be encrypted systems and there's a great thread in the Pennsylvania Forums on that new Statewide system. I've also heard Allentown will be encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.