Need to 'avoid' a TGID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Greetings
My 536 is showing a talk group and it is one that I want to delete or avoid.
However, I go to Favorite Lists and can't find it.
The display shows Simulcast.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Doug

troymail

Silent Key
Greetings
My 536 is showing a talk group and it is one that I want to delete or avoid.
However, I go to Favorite Lists and can't find it.
The display shows Simulcast.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Doug

Sounds like you might be in ID SEARCH (find new TGs) mode.... If so, you have to store it before you can avoid it. Hit E/yes when it's active.

Once you store it, it will show up in the system/favorites list and then you can avoid it.

If I'm off on what I think you're seeing, we'll need a little more information.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you are scanning from the main database, you won't find it in Sentinel, which only deals with Favorites Lists you have created. Not sure if you are scanning the Master HP Database, but this could be a reason.

In any event, when your scanner stops on the "offending" channel, you can simply hit the "Avoid" button. That button is below the display on the left side.

Hitting the Avoid button once does a temporary Avoid (or lockout for us old-timers). Temporary Avoids are released when the scanner is powered down.

Hitting the Avoid button twice in rapid succession does a permanent Avoid. The only way to clear permanent Avoids is through programming on the keypad (or via Sentinel if this is indeed a channel in a Favorites List, but you glanced over it when looking at Sentinel).

Status
Not open for further replies.