• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need to find out some info on a 110W Motorola Spectra $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7SAC

Someone offered my a VHF 110W Motorola Spectra Radio that is complete and operating on the Ham bands. He is in a bind and offered it for $100. I need to do this before the end of day tomorrow so I need to figure out exactly what it is and if it is worth that. Here is the info I got him to read off on the back.

Serial: 671AVG0213
ID: T836XA7HA7AK
1508216R01 (Not sure where that number came from)

Anyone have any ideas?

--Scott

RodStrong

Someone offered my a VHF 110W Motorola Spectra Radio that is complete and operating on the Ham bands. He is in a bind and offered it for $100. I need to do this before the end of day tomorrow so I need to figure out exactly what it is and if it is worth that. Here is the info I got him to read off on the back.

Serial: 671AVG0213
ID: T836XA7HA7AK
1508216R01 (Not sure where that number came from)

Anyone have any ideas?--Scott

Not that I'm anybody important, but if the radio is complete, and in good working order, the price certainly is good. Not by any means a rip off. Hope that helps. Roughly 25 bucks a year until 1/1/13 is a deal.

N7SAC

Not that I'm anybody important, but if the radio is complete, and in good working order, the price certainly is good. Not by any means a rip off. Hope that helps. Roughly 25 bucks a year until 1/1/13 is a deal.

Thanks, but I don't quite get that last statement "Roughly 25 bucks a year until 1/1/13 is a deal.". Could you explain?

--Scott

RKG

What he had in mind is that, as of that date, Part 90 VHF is obliged to go to narrowband, and the Hi-Power Spectras won't do that. However, I do not believe that narrowbanding applies to Amateur radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.