Need to re-locate and identify Programming Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB0MHH

Premium Subscriber
Newby here:

Was surfing Scanner Programming Software earlier and came across a program that looked very useful.
I had to leave for a few mins and when I came back, the info was not available.

All I remember was that in at least one of their "on-line" demonstrations, they made reference to and showed
RR data page. What they demonstrated was copy and pasting data from RR.

Have looked around but with no success - would appreciate your help. My Scanner is a BC-898T.

Lyle WB0MHH

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm going to make a very big WAG here and say it was Scan Control.

That program hasn't been in active development for about 2 years or so now, but I think the Yahoo group is still around. The only other program that supports programming the 898 would be ARC898 (available from Scanner Master).

best regards...Mike

[edit] I haven't got the program anymore, but I am not sure that the copy/paste function from RR would work anymore given that the db has undergone several revisions since that utility came out. And I'm also unsure as to whether ARC898 supports the web service; if it does, once you get a premium subscription, it's a far better way to go.

Last edited:

WB0MHH

Premium Subscriber
Scaner Software

Thanks Mike
You hit the nail on the head with "Scan Control" - that was the one ! Will check them out further. Did do some reading up on their Website alluding to the fact that they have had their problems within the company and they have fallen behind in some key areas.

Also just came across ARC898 also, so will have to see how that looks also.

LyleWB0MHH

Status
Not open for further replies.