need to upgrade antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCJ2

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys looks like I need to upgrade my ST2 antenna anyone know whats good for frequencies 136., 155., and P25 800Mhz? looks like mine lost a part thanks in advance for your input 20210610_112048.jpg

musiclistener

How far are the stations you wish to receive? Intermod an issue? In town or rural? Stations in one direction? Simulcast an issue? Budget? High winds? Length of antenna? Sounds like a lot but it is a BIG part of what you can listen to. If you are going through the expense of changing it and the coax (If it is as old as the ST2.) Your antenna is not a one size fits all deal. Your scanner my surprise you in the end.

BCJ2

Premium Subscriber
sounds like I am gonna buy the Omni-X what kind of adapter would I need to hook into my RG6 that has regular screw on cable connections?

BCJ2

Premium Subscriber
Just ordered thanks everyone for your help!!

BCJ2

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys got it up today came in yesterday its up about 40 foot above the ground

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210626-171838_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210626-171838_Gallery.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 23

NuthinFancy

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations on your new antenna. I have been thinking about getting the Omni-x antenna myself. Does it perform well pulling in distant channels? and does it handle UHF,VHF and 800 bands with good performance.?

BCJ2

Premium Subscriber
To be honest I think i may contact them to send it back no idea if its defective or what scanner is really quiet with this antenna and when I check the weather there is a lot static and the tower is only 9 miles from me with my broken ST2 antenna i would pull in weather from a tower 60 miles away from me even the 800Mhz P25 is really quiet as well I wish there was a way to check the signals

NuthinFancy

Premium Subscriber
Bummer, some of the other forum posters were very happy with the Omni-x antenna .hopefully DPD can help you figure out the problem, good luck and let us know how you make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.