Need TV Antenna Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjudson

I know this is a scanner/radio forum, but I need some of your antenna expert advise for a problem I'm having with local TV frequencies.

WPVI Channel 6 in Philadelphia made the idiotic decision to stay on VHF-LO during the transition to digital a few years ago. Everyone else in Philly went to UHF. As a result, most folks who put up UHF antennas now can't receive the channel. We dumped Directv a year ago and have no interest in having subscriber TV again. I put up a Channel Master 4221HD mid-range antenna, not knowing at the time about the channel 6 problem. Now, of course, I can't receive that channel.

My son is going to be on a story on Channel 6 soon, and my wife and I would like to see it. So my question is:

Can I put up a VHF antenna along with the 4221HD and combine the signals to the receiver somehow (through a splitter or the like)? What are my options here?

Your help is greatly appreciated in advance.

fineshot1

I know this is a scanner/radio forum, but I need some of your antenna expert advise for a problem I'm having with local TV frequencies.

WPVI Channel 6 in Philadelphia made the idiotic decision to stay on VHF-LO during the transition to digital a few years ago. Everyone else in Philly went to UHF. As a result, most folks who put up UHF antennas now can't receive the channel. We dumped Directv a year ago and have no interest in having subscriber TV again. I put up a Channel Master 4221HD mid-range antenna, not knowing at the time about the channel 6 problem. Now, of course, I can't receive that channel.

My son is going to be on a story on Channel 6 soon, and my wife and I would like to see it. So my question is:

Can I put up a VHF antenna along with the 4221HD and combine the signals to the receiver somehow (through a splitter or the like)? What are my options here?

Your help is greatly appreciated in advance.

Yes you can but you would do best to put up an antenna resonant for the approx center freq
for tv broadcast chan 6 = 85MHz. Any old tv antenna that has elements for vhf pointed at
PHL should work to some degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.