need up to date scanner codes for mckean county pa

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimdon

i bought a radio shack pro 405 desk top police scanner last year from radio shack. they gave me a list of codes then but the scanner don't talk very much i have several different counties programmed one in particular talks all the time witch is catt county ems dispatch nothing else from there comes in now i add a huge out side roof attena to it made no difference i also added a gre super amplifier and a in line surge protector in the attena and i have a anc-4 noise canceler in the line cause it always pick up the noise from the washing machine after i put the outside att up nobody in my area will tell me where to get the up to date codes for mckean county and surrounding area please help......

kimdon

thanks i did use the ones from here yesterday made know difference doses that scanner have software updates that you have to put in it or something like that? catt county is the only one that talks on the hole scanner

kimdon

codes from here made know differences

i did use codes from here made know differences catt county ems is the only one that talked at all is there a firm wear or soft wear update these scanners need you wouldnt think only being a year old it would need one if there is one where do you get it and how do you do it

dmg1969

The firmware on those types of scanners cannot be updated. Although, it does say that you are supposed to be able to program the scanner with your PC. I was not aware of that.

Now, when you are talking about "Catt County" EMS...are you referring to Cattaraugus County, New York? What frequency are you hearing "Catt County" EMS on? So are you saying that you are not hearing ANYTHING from your home county (McKean)?

What else (besides Catt County EMS) did you program into your scanner? I would assume you have at least your home county of McKean programmed.

Try going through the scanner a channel at a time and take stock of everything that you have programmed. Make sure none of the channels are locked out. That could also be why you are not hearing them.

kimdon

scanner codes

im only hearing the catt county ems witch is 33.7000 nothing else from there.olean ny is the same only ems cause there all on the 33.7000 i here nothing from elk county not one channel. now warren county i here the state police once in awhile .now mckean the only thing i hear in my county city of Bradford 159.09000 pd and ems as far as state police far and few between and when i do hear them the meter bar on the scanner is more than half when they talk but there voice sound low like you can hardly here them.now some of the farther away stuff that i here like warren county has a strong signal but you can barley here them i have changed the coax cabel 4 times to different kinds made know difference.then i bought the new antenna witch is the scanantenna and i have it 35 feet off the peak of my roof i grounded everything made know difference what i do. im beginning to think its a big pice of crap the hole set up i have a lot tied up in this system with booster and amplifier's i do appreciate all the help you are giving me thank you

kimdon

i did go threw and make sure nothing was locked out and there where none of then that where not locked out how do you tune or match the antenna to the scanner i have never done that before

captclint

Mentor
i do here some from my own county just very little specialy when the state police bareks is 5 miles away from me
FYI. The State Police use a system that can not be monitored by any scanner. However, they do use the old VHF frequencies (Pennsylvania State Police ) occasionally when there is trouble with the new system, or sometimes car to car.

Last edited:

dmg1969

kimdon, let me preface this by saying that I don't know anything about your location or your setup. I don't know the particulars about the systems you are trying to monitor or the reception in your area.

One question I have is why you have a booster and amplifier? Did someone tell you that you needed them? If so, who? The salesperson? The Scantenna is a good scanner antenna and you have it pretty high. Unless you are the bottom of a valley and surrounded by mountains, I can't imagine why you would need them. Have you tried removing the booster and amplifier and just run the coax from the antenna to the scanner? Maybe you're actually overloading the scanner with a combination of the good antenna and signal booster and amplifier. I am not into amateur radio and don't have a lot of radio and antenna knowledge...just a long time scanner enthusiast.

I would do that and then double, triple and quadruple check your frequencies and that they are not locked out. You may even want to reset the scanner and just re-program a few at a time starting with your home county and see what happens. Then start programming frequencies from surrounding counties. It's all about the troubleshooting.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
kimdon, let me preface this by saying that I don't know anything about your location or your setup. I don't know the particulars about the systems you are trying to monitor or the reception in your area.

One question I have is why you have a booster and amplifier? Did someone tell you that you needed them? If so, who? The salesperson? The Scantenna is a good scanner antenna and you have it pretty high. Unless you are the bottom of a valley and surrounded by mountains, I can't imagine why you would need them. Have you tried removing the booster and amplifier and just run the coax from the antenna to the scanner? Maybe you're actually overloading the scanner with a combination of the good antenna and signal booster and amplifier. I am not into amateur radio and don't have a lot of radio and antenna knowledge...just a long time scanner enthusiast.

I would do that and then double, triple and quadruple check your frequencies and that they are not locked out. You may even want to reset the scanner and just re-program a few at a time starting with your home county and see what happens. Then start programming frequencies from surrounding counties. It's all about the troubleshooting.

I agree with with dmg1969, take all the added hardware offline and run your feedline (coax) directly to the radio. Try monitoring the weather frequencies for a test. If this fails and you see no improvement then I would suspect an issue with your coax. Either an open, short or a connector not installed properly.

kimdon

i put the boosters on because one it was not picking up very well all so i was trying to get elk county and warren county witch it help with warren county but not with elk county and i put the noise canceler on cause it would pick up the washer or other electric noises threw out the house and out side i am not in a valley im on the flat right on 219 so i will try just putting the coax on to scanner and see what happens i know its not the coax cable i just put up bran new RG- 8 and last time i had RG-59 i had RG-6 i got so much new coax cable it aint funny so i will try taking everything off and go from there but i know from past when i take off boosters and noise canceler the scanner dont get long distances

kimdon

ok i took all the goodies off just put the coax cable from the antenna to the scanner reset the hole scanner re programmed in my county and a couple close by and made sure nothing was locked out now im hearing my county and new york ems dispatch witch is 33.7000 but nothing else all signals and voices are clear but do here any other county..... is there a way to match the antenna to my scanner what do i need to do that and where do i buy it. the coax i have up is the RG-8 right now no connection its one straight peace from top to scanner with as high as i have it it should reach out a super long ways

dmg1969

kimdon, what town are you located in? I don't need your address...just the name of the town so I can see where in the county you are situated.

The antenna should be fine. It covers the entire spectrum that your scanner is capable of receiving. You said that you are able to receive your county just fine along with the EMS frequency of that county in NY state.

Do me this favor. You said that you programmed in your county and a few close by. Besides your county, list for me the names of the other counties and the frequencies you programmed. (Example: Perry County Fire Dispatch 46.20). I have a feeling that some of what you have programmed is either too far away or may be a digital frequency not able to be received by your scanner.

P.S. Don't forget the name of the town you live in so I can check distances.

kimdon

ok im in mckean county im between bradford pa 16701 and lewis run pa right on the main road 219.i have all of mckean county programmed in .i all so have all of warren county and all of elk county. elk county with or with out the booster i never got elk county. with the booster i got warren county but with out the booster i dont get it all the codes for these i got of this site

kimdon

her is the code these are warren county 155.5350 warren police dispatch....33.980 county fire dispatch.....33.8000 county fire 2...33.440 county fire ....33.62 county fire.......33.54 north warren vfd....33.58.vfd...33.88 vfd.... 463.0000ems med 1 463.02500ems med 2 463.05000 ems med 3 ....463.07500 ems med 4....463.10000.ems med 5 ..463.1250...ems med 6 ....463.1500 ems med 7......463.17500 ems med 8....462.9500 ems med 9 dis patch.....462 .9750 ems med 10 dipatch.. ok so from this county i here the 462.9750 voice are low signal bar is more than half....and i all so here the 154.04000 county sheriff this channel is loud and clear i only here this county with the amplifier turned on with out it hooked up yesterday i only heard the county sheriff

kimdon

ok these are elk county 453. 1250 county fire dispatch..... 453.2000 fire ground.... 453.6250fire fire ground 2 jhonsonburg.....453.57500fireground 3 grand elk.......453.4750 fire ground 4 st marys.........453.37500fire ground 5 wilcox......458.90000 landing zone coordination......458.68750 fire police county wide.....155.1600 elk land search and rescue.........158.83500county ema...462.9750 ems dispatch.....463.000 ems to elk regional....159.1500 police dispatch.......154.7700elk co.sheriff/police simplex....154.84500co.sheirff .....453.3500....elk county police dispatch new ok this is all of elk county i dont here any thing from here even with the amplifier

kimdon

then i have all of my county witch is mckean that comes in great.......i have one code from new yourk witch is catt county ems dispatch 33.7000 thats all i have in right now i cleared everything out when i reset the scanner yesterday all so wanted to say the elk county stuff if i drive up 219 about 2 miles in my truck the scanner i have in my truck will pick up elk county dispatch.

kimdon

another thing is that ems channel i get out of new York state the dispatch quarters is in little valley new York that's the 33.700 thats along ways from me

Status
Not open for further replies.