Need update and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithmj

Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
PSTA in Pinellas County is changing to the digital system and right now it is patched to the old system. I am using a PRO-96 setup for the rebanding and in the extended tables I have the rebanding checked. The frequencies in there do not match the contron channel frequencies, but I am not hearing anything from PSTA. I used the pro-96 software and inported the new Pinellas County Public Services (Project 25) frequencies and talk groups but I still don't hear anything. Does anyone in Pinellas County receive anything from the Pinellas County Public Services (Project 25) Does anyone have any new information on the rebanding for the pro-96 scanner that I might have missed? DO I need to get another scanner to still get PSTA? Thanks.

kayleesdad

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Yes I receive portions, but a lot is now encrypted and may very well stay that way. Does the pro 96 receive p25? If it does you probably only need the control channel and no rebanding issues apply. maybe your pro 96 is skipping the enc transmissions.

keithmj

Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
As far as I know it does but I have heard a few transmissions on the Emergency channel and they are all garbled. I thought this was a Digital Scanner and was suppose to pick this up?
Here is what it says "The Radio Shack is a Digital Trunk Tracking scanner which boasts the ability to track APCO 25 digital trunking systems, in addition to following Motorola type I/II systems and EDACS trunking systems". Then why is it not picking it up? Keith

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
It can receive digital transmissions, but not encrypted ones. No scanner can monitor encryption and that's what PSTA is using for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.