Need updated Foremost, Alberta info please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mharris

If you type in all caps and use exclamation marks it will appear that your post is an emergency. This is just a hobby.

u2brent

OAMPT
Call 911 first.
Then play with the radio.. :)
It is what it is..
Is this what your looking for?
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=26179
13.13 Foremost/Forty Mile
771.78125c
772.79375a
773.05625a
773.84375a
Part of this system..
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7246
If the frequencies are incorrect, Someone from the area will have to do some investigating, and report the correct frequencies. (then click the SUBMIT tab near top of the corresponding systems page)
This is how every frequency or talkgroup gets entered into the Radio Reference Data Base.

Last edited:

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
You could always get ambitious and go directly to the FCC website database yourself (ULS) and do some investigating. Just a thought. There will be frequency allocations there but no Talk Group information...

JD
kf4anc

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
If this info for Foremost/Forty Mile is no longer valid, please click "Submit" on that page (directly over the word "Discuss", which is on the same line as "Forty Mile County (Alberta)"). This will let the admins like @mciupa know, so they can update the database.

If Foremost has gone to AFRRCS, it would be discussed in the large AFRRCS thread in this forum (spoiler alert: nothing has been discussed as of yet, but that only means we don't know about it to this point). Note that ambulance and RCMP will be encrypted when they transition over (I believe RCMP should not be switched over yet but EMS is); I don't know about fire and other services myself.

For the sake of interest - Canada's Spectrum Management System doesn't behave exactly the same way as the FCC frequency database. You will be able to see a lot of the basic frequency info for an area/agency, but not in as much detail or definition as the FCC shares with the American public. And it is possible to have your Spectrum Management licenses "protected", in that they do not appear publicly at all.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Do you know if they're using the same frequencies (the 160 MHz stuff) or did they move to 700 MHz (brand new radios and equipment)?

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Just what are you looking for? If gone to AFRRCS almost all cannot be heard anyhow. If interested in businesses, farmers, Hutterites, etc try TAFL Search Results

steven_3431

So if I can butt in on this for a second. From my knowledge, Forty Mile County is in the transition on going digital, but have not transferred over yet. As their dispatch centre is in Medicine Hat, the area is slowly transferring to AFRRCS, but analogue is not a thing of the past just yet. As mentioned above, RCMP are still audible (for now), and EMS has been encrypted for some time now. Forty Mile County Fire, Public Works, Volker Stevin, and RCMP are all scannable in that area

steven_3431

And that will probably be the case until Forty Mile County Fire have transferred to AFRRCS. Unfortunately it is not announced if their Public Works will be transferring of not.

Status
Not open for further replies.