• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Needed Motorola MCS2000 800MHz Codeplug

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KE0FKH

Hi All,

I am in need of a Motorola Model 1 MCS2000 MO1UGL6PW4BN 800MHZ trunking codeplug. I have searched around and cannot find anything. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

K

KE0FKH

Still Looking For Codeplug

I am still in the need of this codeplug, any help is appreciated!

K

KE0FKH

There is nothing wrong with the current codeplug programmed into the radio. The reason I am asking for the trunking codeplug is because the radio's current codeplug is conventional only I need this radio to do trunking.

Thanks!

cmdrwill

I do not believe in Jamming in codeplugs, I have seen way more than my share and some bricked and messed up radios that had codeplugs jammed in them.

RBMTS

If you read the radio you will see 1 default trunking personality. Having someone give you a copy of a different trunking code plug won't be of any assistance to you since you would not have the proper system key to program it with. So what you pull from the radio now will be just as useful to you as what someone would send you.

One other note - The MCS line is quite old. I'm going to venture a guess that the radio you have probably has not been updated for 800Mhz rebanding. You might want to check into that.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
If the radio does not have trunking in the flashcode jamming a trunking codeplug into the radio is not going to work. You need to find a piece of software called the FDB tool or feature descriptor block editor and use that to add trunking to the flashcode. Then read the radio with CPS and now trunking will be enabled and you can start adding trunk systems with no need to put someone else's codeplug in the radio.

gargamel1901

Flashcode is just part of the possible issue. You also need to verify the FW version. R7.73 and up I believe is needed to support rebanding. I'm at work right now, I have the specific info in my notes at home.

...and yes, as stated you must have a system key file to access the trunking options fields in the CPS for the system you are trying to program.

FDB tool was a program written by a Russian electronics enthusiast and is just what is says, a tool to view/modify the FDB contents for MTS/MCS and Astro (not Plus) radios. I'm not sure if it ever was distributed very widely.

Status
Not open for further replies.