needing alot of help to program a pro-2052

Status
Not open for further replies.

xm202pest

at this point i am ready to fling my scanner out the window! lol!

i have tried to follow all i can to do this but its just aggravating! lol!

these are what i am trying to enter and i am lost

12-8-20094-13-19PM.png

12-8-20094-14-25PM.png

12-8-20094-15-02PM.png

12-8-20094-15-21PM.png

sorry if i am asking alot but if someone can give me the short bus version on how to enter these without losing my mind i would appreciate it.

thank you

jason

SCPD

QRT
Try this link... for more info. BUT if the system has been rebanded you will be outtta luck & need to up grade to newer scanneer

mciupa

Database Admin
Hi xm202pest welcome to RadioReference :)

The trunk system you are showing us is VIPER and all but a few of the talkgroups are digital.

The Pro-2052 won't allow you to hear the talkgroups, they will come up as numbers with the digital squawk.
If VIPER monitoring is a must, it is time to get a digital scanner :(

xm202pest

Hi xm202pest welcome to RadioReference :)

The trunk system you are showing us is VIPER and all but a few of the talkgroups are digital.

The Pro-2052 won't allow you to hear the talkgroups, they will come up as numbers with the digital squawk.
If VIPER monitoring is a must, it is time to get a digital scanner :(

ok now i can stop waiting for a mod approval! its annoying on both ends of that ship!
---

so since i live in the city of raleigh (wake county) my scanner is a brick?

xm202pest

i have been there i am not much for reading i am a visual type person and i am still lost from that site! watch once and always remember!

looks like some of my posts are missing! np! is since i live in raleigh, nc (wake county) my scanner is a brick? i cant listen to the city of raleigh fd or pd or even the sheriffs?

can a mod please turn of the mod approval please! pretty please! lol!

ohh i use !<< alot!

Last edited:

xm202pest

help please i am really desperate!!! lol! been reading this and that and still lost! just told my wife i am y need a new scanner and you dont wanna know what she said since i have been laid off since may lol!

if someone lives locally in raleigh! i will drive to you (i am not a psycho!) and you can help me program what i am able to listen to?

jamesa53

help please i am really desperate!!! lol! been reading this and that and still lost! just told my wife i am y need a new scanner and you dont wanna know what she said since i have been laid off since may lol!

if someone lives locally in raleigh! i will drive to you (i am not a psycho!) and you can help me program what i am able to listen to?

Its not going to do you much good to program that scanner since you are in a digital area. I would suggest you search for a used PRO-96 on eBay, but you are still looking at about 250 dollars. That is if you want to hear what you specified in your first post.

xm202pest

Its not going to do you much good to program that scanner since you are in a digital area. I would suggest you search for a used PRO-96 on eBay, but you are still looking at about 250 dollars. That is if you want to hear what you specified in your first post.

thank you!

i am looking on rs site atm! and with a hook up from a store i can get 25% off hehehehe! anyway!

wold something like this last me for a few years? since i need to buy a new 1 i want 1 that i wont have to worry about in 5 years.

PRO-163 1000 CH Triple Trunking Mobile/Base Scanner - RadioShack.com

Uniden® Bearcat BC350C Mobile Radio Scanner - RadioShack.com

rmiller818

thank you!

i am looking on rs site atm! and with a hook up from a store i can get 25% off hehehehe! anyway!

wold something like this last me for a few years? since i need to buy a new 1 i want 1 that i wont have to worry about in 5 years.

PRO-163 1000 CH Triple Trunking Mobile/Base Scanner - RadioShack.com

Uniden® Bearcat BC350C Mobile Radio Scanner - RadioShack.com

Neither of those are digital scanners but are good analog scanners that would last you a while.

Look at this -> Digital Trunking Scanner Comparison Chart The ones in red are what your looking for. I found a PRO2096 on Craigslist new in the box for under $250 so look around, you can find something that works for you without a $450-$500 price tag. No, yours is not a brick, but, no you will not be able to hear your SO, PD, or FD but you have a lot to listen to -> FCC Licenses and Scanner Frequencies for Wake County, North Carolina (NC) in your area and Raleigh Fire and EMS have VHF simulcast on 154.3700 and 156.2250.

And BTW I'm B.U.F.503

Status
Not open for further replies.