Needing Help in DSDPLus 2.165

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

You are using FMP24, not FMP. FMP is the old stuff. FMP24 is new. But you could still have an older FMP24 in your directory.

When you start FMP24, it reports at the top of the screen its version number. It should be 2.47

Confirmed FMP24 is 2.47

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Do you have a slow machine? Are you saying that DSDPlus will sometimes lose connection with FMP24 even after you are successfully monitoring a control channel? I'm out of ideas for that. But give it time and I'm sure somebody with more brainpower than me might post some further suggestions for you.

S

simpilo

Do you have a slow machine? Are you saying that DSDPlus will sometimes lose connection with FMP24 even after you are successfully monitoring a control channel? I'm out of ideas for that. But give it time and I'm sure somebody with more brainpower than me might post some further suggestions for you.

It's fine as long as chrome.exe isnt loaded (Chrome v71). The problem goes away when I close the browser. I'm not worried about it.

slicerwizard

It sounds like your PC is overtaxed. I'm curious - what's the processor model and how much RAM ya got? Also, is it running at full clock speed and not in some wimpy battery saving mode?

slicerwizard

BTW, yes, you can edit the DSD+ data files with Notepad, even while DSD+ is running, so if you want to tag radio ID's, just load up DSDPlus.radios and start editing. Changes will show up in DSD+ when you save your edits.

Also, you can spruce up that DSD+ display by copy/pasting this data to your files:

DSDPlus.networks:

P25, 92594.00A, "Oklahoma City Metro Public Safety (P25)"

DSDPlus.sites:

P25, 92594.00A, 10.10, "Simulcast"

DSDPlus.groups:

; EMSA Ambulance Talkgroups

P25, 92594.00A, 558, 50, NORMAL, 0, 0000/00/00 0:00, "EMSA EMS Disptch - EMSA Ambulance Dispatch"

; Oklahoma City Talkgroups

P25, 92594.00A, 276, 50, NORMAL, 0, 0000/00/00 0:00, "OKC PD Southwest - Police Southwest Division Dispatch"
P25, 92594.00A, 280, 50, NORMAL, 0, 0000/00/00 0:00, "OKC PD Schools - School Resource Officers"
P25, 92594.00A, 1652, 50, NORMAL, 0, 0000/00/00 0:00, "OKC Housing Secu - OKC Housing Authority Security"

; Oklahoma County Talkgroups

P25, 92594.00A, 369, 50, NORMAL, 0, 0000/00/00 0:00, "Oklahoma Co SO 1 - Sheriff Dispatch"

; OHP -- Highway Patrol Talkgroups

P25, 92594.00A, 353, 50, NORMAL, 0, 0000/00/00 0:00, "OHP TroopA Metro - OHP Troop A Metro Dispatch"
P25, 92594.00A, 354, 50, NORMAL, 0, 0000/00/00 0:00, "OHP TroopA Rural - OHP Troop A Rural Dispatch"

; City of Mustang Talkgroups

P25, 92594.00A, 342, 50, NORMAL, 0, 0000/00/00 0:00, "Mustang Police - Police Dispatch"

; City of Warr Acres Talkgroups

P25, 92594.00A, 338, 50, NORMAL, 0, 0000/00/00 0:00, "WarrAcres Police - Police Dispatch"

; City of Yukon Talkgroups

P25, 92594.00A, 341, 50, NORMAL, 0, 0000/00/00 0:00, "Yukon Police - Police Dispatch"

S

simpilo

It sounds like your PC is overtaxed. I'm curious - what's the processor model and how much RAM ya got? Also, is it running at full clock speed and not in some wimpy battery saving mode?
To be honest it's a 12 year old laptop running Windows 7. It works. Google Chrome 71 is the hardest on it. DSD+ FL 2.165 runs smoothly decoding DMR with just 1 FMP24 and 1 DSD+ instance using the top method. It also did fine monitoring P25 PI system at Tinker AFB although much of it is encrypted. Your Trunk88 runs well.

I researched the error which is TCP error 10035. Actually it's a temporary error and deemed by Microsoft as non-critical. Usually a problem in Python related programs and scripts but not exclusive to Python. It can happen in any program using the localhost loopback method. At this time it's fine.

slicerwizard

I'd be looking into why my browser was sucking up too many resources. For the most part, it should be sitting there idle and living in the swap file if memory is tight.

S

simpilo

I'd be looking into why my browser was sucking up too many resources. For the most part, it should be sitting there idle and living in the swap file if memory is tight.

I think I found the stinker! Chrome and DSD+ are using the same TCP PORT Range. When chrome.exe is in memory the port range matches to DSD+ When I load a page it interrupts the connection between DSD+ and FMP24...Maybe the DSD+ developer can change the port ranges in the next release.

My batch file DSDPlus -i20002 -O NUL don't know why windows assigning a different port for DSD+ like as if it didnt matter I did it correct or not.

See image. Look at the local port column

Attachments

• sameportrange.jpg
    sameportrange.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I think I found the stinker! Chrome and DSD+ are using the same TCP PORT Range. When chrome.exe is in memory the port range matches to DSD+ When I load a page it interrupts the connection between DSD+ and FMP24...Maybe the DSD+ developer can change the port ranges in the next release.

My batch file DSDPlus -i20002 -O NUL don't know why windows assigning a different port for DSD+ like as if it didnt matter I did it correct or not.

See image. Look at the local port column

Maybe you can change the ports yourself. There are matching ports in FMP24-CC.bat / CC.bat (20001) and in FPM24-VC.bat / VC.bat (20002) .

So if there really is a need to change them, you can change them to any valid TCP port you want as long as you make them match up.

BUT, nowhere in your screenshot does it show any conflict with Chrome and TCP Ports 20001 / 20002. In your screenshot FMP24 (via FMP24-VC.bat) is listening on TCP 20002 and DSDPlus (via VC.bat) is connecting on TCP 20002. Chrome is not going to open a local port to connect to something if DSDPlus (or any other process) already has it open. It'll choose another one of the available ports.

Any service / application needing to establish a local port to connect out from asks the OS, and the OS dynamically assigns a free one from within a range of available ports.

Last edited:
S

simpilo

Maybe you can change the ports yourself. There are matching ports in FMP24-CC.bat / CC.bat (20001) and in FPM24-VC.bat / VC.bat (20002) .

So if there really is a need to change them, you can change them to any valid TCP port you want as long as you make them match up.

BUT, nowhere in your screenshot does it show any conflict with Chrome and TCP Ports 20001 / 20002.

They are matching. its actually working like this. local port (FMP24) to remote port to local port (DSD+) remote port is clashing with local port (TCP). Remote port is part of the local loopback. remote port should never be in the same range as the local port range. It wouldn't matter because the remote port range cant be changed. that is controlled by Windows TCP.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
They are matching. its actually working like this. local port (FMP24) to remote port to local port (DSD+) remote port is clashing with local port (TCP). Remote port is part of the local loopback. remote port should never be in the same range as the local port range. It wouldn't matter because the remote port range cant be changed. that is controlled by Windows TCP.

Everything (WIndows, Chrome, and DSDPlus) are behaving as they should. There are no port conflicts.

The _only_ port conflict you would ever have to be concerned about is a port conflict with 20001 / 20002 (and then only if those are used in your FMP24 / DSDPlus for making connections to each other over localhost). Forget the 49xxx. That's a nonissue.

There is no clashing on the 49xxx ports in your screenshot. The operating system is keeping track of who (meaning, which applications) are currently using specific ports and thus won't assign those same ports to another application.

S

simpilo

Everything (WIndows, Chrome, and DSDPlus) are behaving as they should. There are no port conflicts.

The _only_ port conflict you would ever have to be concerned about is a port conflict with 20001 / 20002 (and then only if those are used in your FMP24 / DSDPlus for making connections to each other over localhost). Forget the 49xxx. That's a nonissue.

There is no clashing on the 49xxx ports in your screenshot. The operating system is keeping track of who (meaning, which applications) are currently using specific ports and thus won't assign those same ports to another application.
Not when chrome.exe wants to keep changing ports each time a page is loading then it clashes. Hard to catch that.

S

simpilo

You are barking up the wrong dog
I'm not intending to bark at all. I am only trying to trace the issue with TCP error 10035 Non blocking message in the FMP24 console box. It looks like a clash between remote and local. seems odd to me. I watch currports while loading pages to see the port changes in action. I keep seeing DSD+ remote port changing in both Currports and FMP24 console box. Chrome and DSD+ using the same remote port range is what windows don't like apparently.

slicerwizard

Those 48xxx port numbers are assigned by Windows from a free port list, so of course FMP24's and Chrome's port numbers are not far off from each other. TCP error 10035 indicates an overtaxed machine. I guess someone will have to post their own port usage screen shot to convince you.

S

simpilo

Those 48xxx port numbers are assigned by Windows from a free port list, so of course FMP24's and Chrome's port numbers are not far off from each other. TCP error 10035 indicates an overtaxed machine. I guess someone will have to post their own port usage screen shot to convince you.

No need to post images. I am convinced.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for this. Not that I'm in Oklahoma City, but I was having a hard time setting the parameters for a 700Mhz P25 system in Boston. I was able to do groups, as that's essentially the same as any other system. I just was having a hard time figuring out the syntax for the P25 system.

BTW, yes, you can edit the DSD+ data files with Notepad, even while DSD+ is running, so if you want to tag radio ID's, just load up DSDPlus.radios and start editing. Changes will show up in DSD+ when you save your edits.

Also, you can spruce up that DSD+ display by copy/pasting this data to your files:

DSDPlus.networks:

P25, 92594.00A, "Oklahoma City Metro Public Safety (P25)"

DSDPlus.sites:

P25, 92594.00A, 10.10, "Simulcast"

S

simpilo

Damn. And now what do I do with these twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was??

I stand corrected. Although not advisable to do, I disabled IPv6 in Windows 7 Internet Properties and the problem seems to be less frequent. I apologize for being difficult. I do appreciate your help slicerwizard. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.