Needing help with firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChanuteFire

Feed Provider
Just unboxed my ws1065 scanner today. I hooked it up to my computer that has ARC500 on it to program.The scanner screen say uP App Ver: NONE and CPU SW Upgrade. I have attempted several different ways to update the firmware but I am missing something. Getting frustrated and hoping someone could assist. Thank you

jnlannon

NK2J
Hi ChanuteFire. Looks like you probably know based on your statement, it looks like it's waiting for a firmware update. It's been a while since I've done one on mine. I wasn't sure based on what you said; did you download the firmware from Whistler and attempt an update? I found it at WS1040/WS1065 Scanner Firmware Updates and Downloads It can’t be done in ARC500. There are two ways to approach the update; 1) turn the scanner on with the USB attached then launch the updater or 2) Launch the updater then turn on the scanner with USB attached. I don’t remember the order but one of those two should work. Good luck and I look forward to your results.

tvengr

Well Known Member
You are already in CPU update mode. Turn on the scanner, connect to the computer, and run the updater. The scanner must be on for the updater to work.

ChanuteFire

Feed Provider
Hi ChanuteFire. Looks like you probably know based on your statement, it looks like it's waiting for a firmware update. It's been a while since I've done one on mine. I wasn't sure based on what you said; did you download the firmware from Whistler and attempt an update? I found it at WS1040/WS1065 Scanner Firmware Updates and Downloads It can’t be done in ARC500. There are two ways to approach the update; 1) turn the scanner on with the USB attached then launch the updater or 2) Launch the updater then turn on the scanner with USB attached. I don’t remember the order but one of those two should work. Good luck and I look forward to your results.

Thank you very much for your help it is upgrading as we speak. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.