Needing Help With WIN500 & PRO197 Digital Scanner set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterScan40

Hello all! Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season! Wondering if I could find someone willing to help me reconfigure my PRO197 Scanner using WIN500? Found new control channels that I'm not sure how to plug in - since the AR rebanding, and I only have Wi-Fi for my laptop whenever I'm in town at the library... Was hoping that someone would be able to contact me to offer help/guidance? I'm planning on being at the library on Saturday (December 17th) with my laptop and scanner attempting to do this thing - would love to have someone on the phone with me during to help me through it? Can have my questions posted here or could swap emails and go that direction... Sure would be grateful to anyone that had the time to help another interested RadioReference fan/member... Thanks, ahead of time.

Highpockets

Hello all! Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season! Wondering if I could find someone willing to help me reconfigure my PRO197 Scanner using WIN500? Found new control channels that I'm not sure how to plug in - since the AR rebanding, and I only have Wi-Fi for my laptop whenever I'm in town at the library... Was hoping that someone would be able to contact me to offer help/guidance? I'm planning on being at the library on Saturday (December 17th) with my laptop and scanner attempting to do this thing - would love to have someone on the phone with me during to help me through it? Can have my questions posted here or could swap emails and go that direction... Sure would be grateful to anyone that had the time to help another interested RadioReference fan/member... Thanks, ahead of time.

I don't know if you have the programming cable. But going through this Guide may give you and idea on how to use Win500 one way or the other:

WIN500 - UtahRadio

crcarter

Below are the links to the May 2011 Firmware update and instructions. Before you start dealing with the rebanding issue, you need to make sure your Firmware is current.

http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/SoftwareDownload/2000106_0197_V19.EXE
http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/ProductManuals/2000106_0197_V19.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.