Needs updating - MHP - MOSWIN vs Low Band/UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Looking to update the database with reference to what is still use on low band/UHF vs. MOSWIN talkgroups.

If your Troop is using MOSWIN dispatch full time (are they all doing so?).... are the old low band frequencies in use at all still, at least for back-up? Are any of the the UHF Remote Links in use?

Need to update the whole database statewide.

*774.95625 P25 has been confirmed in use as a mobile extender (in the St Charles County area) [Note: With the squelch all the way down you can hear data bursts every 12 seconds] (12/13)

Missouri Statewide Wireless Interoperable Network (MOSWIN)
Missouri Statewide Wireless Interoperable Network (MOSWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Missouri - Scanner Frequencies

MSHP
Missouri Department of Public Safety (DPS) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

scannerowner

Troop H is using both. Mostly MOSWIN, but for areas of low coverage they use low band it seems. It also appears they simulcast it during announcements and etc.

talkpair

Troops A & H are both full time Moswin.

Low band still gets used for summaries, EAS testing, unresponsive status checks, and whenever there's a problem with Moswin. There is also a fair amount of traffic on the 42.0 state wide car-to-car channel.

For now, I think those frequencies along with the supporting links and relays should be retained in the database.

As far as the Water Patrol section on the DPS page......those licenses have been cancelled, so unless you hear something otherwise, it's probably safe to wipe out that entire section.

scanmorgan

Troop F appears to be full time, very active. I've had it on full time for the last 3 or 4 months. I activated low band for a day or two this last week and have not heard anything at all.

rcnurd

Troop C seems to still be on 42.12 along with MOSWIN. I can hear the dispatch on low band, and the cars on MOSWIN. I'm getting dispatch on both freqs.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Down here in the sticks Troop C seems to use both MOSWIN and their low band frequencies as well.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Troop I is using MOSWIN full time also, but dispatch simulcasts on low band and point to point when they have wanted announcements, and daily summaries.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
On occasion a car will have trouble with reception or transmitting on MOSWIN and will give the GPS coordinates of their location to dispatch when this happens. I have also heard the Poplar Bluff Troop E dispatcher occasional go to "low band" because they could not communicate with cars at certain locations via MOSWIN. However, MOSWIN appears to be the primary means of communication as far as I can tell.

I will try to monitor the low band more but a couple of the low band frequencies have noise and/or a birdie (which the squelch settings cannot address) and I have to keep them locked out.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
On Friday night around midnight I heard a lot of traffic on 42.14 but did not have my MOSWIN scanner with me to compare. It was mostly very quick short bursts of radio chatter. I could not 100% ID it as MSHP. Not sure if it was a simulcast. FYI

kruser

Premium Subscriber
On Friday night around midnight I heard a lot of traffic on 42.14 but did not have my MOSWIN scanner with me to compare. It was mostly very quick short bursts of radio chatter. I could not 100% ID it as MSHP. Not sure if it was a simulcast. FYI

They had a LOT of simulcast traffic on Moswin and 42.140 all weekend.
If they can't reach a car via Moswin, they will call them on low band and usually get them. Once a car is found to be only reachable on low band, it seems like they simulcast almost all their Moswin traffic on low band so that one car is kept in the loop. Eventually they will stop using low band again and go back to Moswin only. Maybe once they start getting signals from the low band car on the Moswin system, they can see that and shut down the low band transmissions? That's just a guess but it seems that is how things have been working the last several weeks.

I've never been able to determine where the mobiles are that can't be heard on Moswin but it would be interesting to know.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Sometime on Friday I heard MSHP (Troop C) using 42.10 and I actually got a strong signal here in St. Louis. That doesn't usually happen lately. FYI

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I forgot. The radio transmissions on 42.10 was only the dispatcher. Even though on MOSWIN you could still hear the car traffic on the repeater it did not come through on 42.10.

Status
Not open for further replies.