Negative Delay Setting Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocoder

I use my negative delay setting to sort of sample radio traffic on a less important group of tg or conv. freq.
Also, to keep from locking up on some sort data transmission and scan onward.
My scanners have this setting on a group level setting rather than a much needed tg or freq. level setting.

What do you use this setting for?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I use my negative delay setting to sort of sample radio traffic on a less important group of tg or conv. freq.
Also, to keep from locking up on some sort data transmission and scan onward.
My scanners have this setting on a group level setting rather than a much needed tg or freq. level setting.

What do you use this setting for?
I use the 'negative delay' on the Dallas Fire Rescue automated dispatch channel. "Dispatch Debbie" (the Locution automated voice) has a tendency to go bonkers at times, dispatching the same call, to the same units, occasionally three or more times in a row. The negative delay lets me move on after hearing the initial information, without listening to the same thing repeated multiple times.

I also use this on a couple of local systems where all PD traffic is normally encrypted. In the event that the channel was 'not encrypted', I'd hear the clear transmission. If encrypted (P25 Phase II, which the scanner does not automatically skip), then only a few seconds of digital gumbo is passed, then the scanner moves on.

Status
Not open for further replies.