Nellis AFB - Security TGID 59

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas_Eric

I'm able to copy all the traffic on the Nellis AFB trunk system but talk group 59 which is Security. Is anyone else able to copy them? They come across garbled on my GRE PSR500.

Does anyone know if they have gone digital?

Thanks,

Eric

Vegas_Eric

Thank you very much for the reply. I never saw the E until now after you mentioned it and the D's as well on the rest of the talk groups.

I will have to submit changes though since fire and tower TGID's have changed and there are quite a few othes that are not listed at all.

Eric

IDCowboy1

I would think that Nellis would have more talk groups than what is listed. Especially the way the talk groups are spread out. Most AFB systems are quite large.

Example - WPAFB

It all depends on the mission of the base and whether or not the big boss authorizes them to be on the trunk and about 200 other little checkmark blocks that have to be filled first. Most military trunking and frequency lists (frequency and TGIDs) are FOIA exempt so you won't see them show up on the FCC searches. About 99.9% of the base LMR managers wouldn't recommend approval of a FOIA frequency request to begin with so take that for what it is. Therefore, most of what you see is what folks have been able to decipher through paying attention and other methods. With the latest foray into joint basing two or more bases will share one trunk system and can have more talkgroups than you can shake a stick at. JBSA in Texas is one such mega trunk that has five military bases currently on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.