Nellis Air Force Base Transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidburnn

I am currently in canada but will be moving to nevada shortly and was wondering if anyone is listening to anything from area 51, nellis afb, groom lake, whatever you choose to call it... also are the transmissions, digital and encrypted? has anyone heard anything interesting? ...and im not talking about UFO's haha just anything interesting in general

pyeman99

acidburnn said:
I am currently in canada but will be moving to nevada shortly and was wondering if anyone is listening to anything from area 51, nellis afb, groom lake, whatever you choose to call it... also are the transmissions, digital and encrypted? has anyone heard anything interesting? ...and im not talking about UFO's haha just anything interesting in general
try this http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1537
& this http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=3265
depends what radio you are using.Good hunting.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
More on Nellis

Check Dreamlandresort.com /more info and photos / scanner list. It's best to listen during a Red Flag. Try not to buy a house in a low area, try for higher up on sunrise mountain or way up Northwest area.

acidburnn

737mech said:
Check Dreamlandresort.com /more info and photos / scanner list. It's best to listen during a Red Flag. Try not to buy a house in a low area, try for higher up on sunrise mountain or way up Northwest area.

Dreamlandresort.com is a great website, thanks for showing me that link... I will be moving to Rachel, so i assume i will be gettin atleast decent signal there :)

pyeman99

acidburnn said:
Dreamlandresort.com is a great website, thanks for showing me that link... I will be moving to Rachel, so i assume i will be gettin atleast decent signal there :)
An expensive place to live now,with no gas or food store.
Radio reception is poor due to being in a valley but travel a short way & it's good.

acidburnn

pyeman99 said:
An expensive place to live now,with no gas or food store.
Radio reception is poor due to being in a valley but travel a short way & it's good.

Well i will only be there for about 3-4 weeks staying at my buddies house temporarily so I'm not too concerned with living expenses.... although poor reception is probably gonna get me mad after a while haha... I plan on going for a little drive to Tikaboo Peak and getting some nice pics and hopefully hear some cool stuff :) i realize im probably expecting alot more then I will get in regards to sights/transmissions but i guess the ATV ride up Tikaboo will be fun and hopefully a overall fun experience.

pyeman99

acidburnn said:
Well i will only be there for about 3-4 weeks staying at my buddies house temporarily so I'm not too concerned with living expenses.... although poor reception is probably gonna get me mad after a while haha... I plan on going for a little drive to Tikaboo Peak and getting some nice pics and hopefully hear some cool stuff :) i realize im probably expecting alot more then I will get in regards to sights/transmissions but i guess the ATV ride up Tikaboo will be fun and hopefully a overall fun experience.
get on the DLR site & ask for good radio locations,there are some members that know of good spots.Sounds like you should have a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.