Nellis Air Freqs F-18 IFE

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Today there was an IFE of an F-18 with one engine out. He had to jettison external fuel tanks at "Jettison Hill" not sure where that is? Anyone know please post. Anyway some other really strange, maybe not so strange to pilots, things happened during the emergency. For one the atc at Nellis gave this pilot no less than three freq hand offs? Don't ya think the pilot has his hands full enough than to give him more to do? Ok if this is normal so be it, on to the next weird thing. The wingman after he landed was asking the tower if he could continue his original flight plan back home to El Centro and not landing at Nellis to check on his buddy? "Talk to me Goose... or just send me a email tomorrow I'm going home." What's up with that? Maybe it was"Iceman"?
Ok enough silly stuff what I really wanted to post was the freq used for the emergency landing 343.725. Which leads me to ask when is somebody gonna post a really good VHF UHF channel database on RRDB? We have enough listeners to compile the real deal database don't we? I see some are posted on airnav.com and dreamlandresort.com but it really needs to be on the rrdb so others can use the download option to the scanner software. Other bases are in the DB why not Nellis? Wouldn't it better to have sorted freqs for Red Flag and Normal ops, Approach,Departure, Refuel tracks and Range ops? There are so many working freqs and yet none posted rrdb?
Please consider posting.

teamhabibi

I have a system programmed that's supposedly for Nellis, but not a single thing comes through. I talked to a guy who was hanging out over at AES who was supposedly the go-to guy on some Yahoo Group for Vegas scannerheads, but can't for the life of me remember the guy's name. At any rate, he was complaining about nothing working for Nellis anymore, but then this was right after the rebanding.

Dunno if it'll do any good, but I'd be more than willing to toss up what's sitting in my 396.

3mary2

Nellis frequencies are in the 400's so rebanding will have no effect on the system.I have site #10 as one I listen to the most. You can download the system from RR Database. Need to know more about what freq's you have loaded, your location and possiblity what type of antenna you might be using. I receive Nellis all over the valley with just the use of a rubber duckie.You can email if you like, I'm more than willing to assist you in any way I can.

teamhabibi

Here's the system that came programmed on my 396. It's a CSV file that's been zipped.

I haven't been able to get anything off of this to work, but I'm also just getting back in to scanning, etc. so it is probably just me. This is using an updated firmware 396xt with a rubber duckie as well as an ABSCANC on a magnetic NMO mount. Locations have varied all over the valley from the SW near Mountain's Edge all the way to the NE.

Hope someone can get something useful out of this. If you do, please let us know!

Attachments

• Nellis.zip
    424 bytes · Views: 31

3mary2

I loaded the frequencies from you file into my scanner last night and did not get one hit. My other folders for Nellis were working just fine. You might want to download one of the software programs and re-load to scanner. The programs can be used for thirty (30) free and this way you can see how easy it is to pick your own systems to listen to, change them to your liking and then load to your scanner. Site #10 is Nellis and there is always radio traffic on the site.

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
I just returned home about a week ago from NW Las Vegas after a being out there for the month. My 396xt worked great on the NNSA system. I was able to receive 4 sites with no problem/non-stop activity. I had sites 4, 6, 9, 10 set up. It is a Motorola System. You must use a custom band plan. See the following: (you must use for each site.)

Band Plan 1 Lower/Base Freq - 406.10 Upper - 411.1750 Step-12.5 Offset - 380

Band Plan 2 Lower/Base Freq - 410.50 Upper - 420.7625 Step-25.0 Offset - 710

Give this a try. It is a digital/P25 system so make sure you are set for digital audio.

Have Fun - David

737mech

Premium Subscriber
VHF/UHF freqs

Don't forget the numerous UHF/am air freqs for Nellis as well. There are a ton of them.

That's what I was looking for in my OP. They should be on the RRDB with all the alpha tags (Tower,Ground,Blackjack,Bullzeye,etc.)

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
The attached list for Nellis AFB and Red Flag exercises is what I program in my 396xt when I come out to Las Vegas. The Red Flag frequencies are used by the aggressors and the individual participating teams while on the ranges.

David

Attachments

• LSVREDFLAG1.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 345

737mech

Premium Subscriber
vhf/uhf nellis

The attached list for Nellis AFB and Red Flag exercises is what I program in my 396xt when I come out to Las Vegas. The Red Flag frequencies are used by the aggressors and the individual participating teams while on the ranges.

David

Very good!! I have similiar files and I'm giving this one a try. I'm thinking mine might be too full thus limiting the catches on the scanner? Also I noticed I differ in the modulation setting you have auto I use AM. We'll see, I'll post the results this week. Thanks!
Also please send these to RRDB so others can use them with the software downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.