Nellis Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

eraweeb

I probably should have made that question a little bit clearer.

I'm using the Uniden BCD996T with ARC996 software. I have a choice of choosing either MOT UHF or MOT P-25 as the system type. I programmed it both ways and I don't receive anything. I double checked the Base and Offsets, etc. and they are correct.

I must be missing something.
Thanks in advance for any help.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
eraweeb said:
When programming the Nellis system do you choose MOT UHF or MOT P25?

The NNSA UHF trunked system, which Nellis AFB is a user, is a Motorola UHF, not P25. So you should set it up as a MOT UHF system.

Good luck!

- Chris

eraweeb

Thanks Chris! I still must be doing something wrong because I still don't receive anything.

And... I'm embarrassed to admit that I live somewhat close to Nellis so it certainly isn't distance or using the wrong sites. I put in the D.O.E. site because the Dreamland web site claims that it works very well, and Angel Peak because I live very close to it.

3mary2

I have tried every which way and unale to trac anything except the Nellis tower. I have a PSR5 with the Win500 program and not sure what is going to wor as there is no help file, any suggestions? Ieven loaded the freq's from the So.Nevada Radio Scanner Book Feb 08. Must be something simple,I just can't figure it out. any suggestions?

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Try this

Thanks Chris! I still must be doing something wrong because I still don't receive anything.

And... I'm embarrassed to admit that I live somewhat close to Nellis so it certainly isn't distance or using the wrong sites. I put in the D.O.E. site because the Dreamland web site claims that it works very well, and Angel Peak because I live very close to it.

Load all the sites in, try cc only mode and also note some of the freqs in the db may not be correct. For example I am listening right now to NNSA and I'm getting control "cc" channels of 406.9875 and 406.1125
With voice channels "vc" of 407.3625 and 409.3000. I have a psr500 and a bct15. I understand the Uniden programming and also GRE style. This system on a PSR500 anywhere in the valley you go you can hear it. No special antennas or anything. A paper clip will work. In fact I was getting signal without an antenna when I tried it at AES the day I bought it.

Try, as I will also, comparing the freq list on http://jts203.com/3-NevadaTrunking-NNSA.htm to the rrdb. jts seems to be on top of the game with trunked systems in this area.

Good luck and let me know what you find out, we'll compare notes.

If all else fails ebay your 996 and get a PSR600 or a Handheld PSR500. AES has them. They can show you side by side how the GRE is way better for p25 here in NV.

Status
Not open for further replies.