Neptune City/Avon Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

I guess this would be best handled by Kevin O'Brien, if he would be kind enough to answer.

A good friend of mine told me that, within the past week or so, he heard Neptune City Fire dispatched on Monmouth County Fire 1, and Avon EMS dispatched on the Neptune Township Fire Dispatch frequency (154.3400 PL 173.8).

Prior to this, when Monmouth County assumed dispatch responsibilities for both, Neptune City fire was being dispatched on their local frequency (155.100 PL 94.8) and Avon EMS was being dispatched on County Fire 1.

I haven heard any dispatches for either one recently, so I can't confirm this.

With that said, have there been any changes with regard to dispatch proecdures for both.

Tech792

I could have swore I heard Avon STA 86-1 dispatched over Neptune Twp's repeater (154.34) for yesterdays brush fire in Bradley Beach. I just assumed it was a new change.

ShoreBullets

Avon FD And Avon EMS are now dispatched on the Neptune Fire frequency. It is part of the opening of the satellite dispatch center in Neptune and Neptune Twp move to county dispatchers

DJ88

Avon FD And Avon EMS are now dispatched on the Neptune Fire frequency. It is part of the opening of the satellite dispatch center in Neptune and Neptune Twp move to county dispatchers

Not really. The reason they were moved off of County Fire 1 and over to the Neptune Twp. fire frequency was because their pager tones were the same as Hamilton Twp. (New Jersey) and when Avon's tones were activated, Hamilton Twp.'s pagers were activated also. The move to the Neptune frequency may only be temporary.

ShoreBullets

Not really. The reason they were moved off of County Fire 1 and over to the Neptune Twp. fire frequency was because their pager tones were the same as Hamilton Twp. (New Jersey) and when Avon's tones were activated, Hamilton Twp.'s pagers were activated also. The move to the Neptune frequency may only be temporary.

Its not temporary...expect more changes on Neptune's various emergency frequencies, specifically EMS and FD

Status
Not open for further replies.