Netherlands Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquaz

Hi!
If there's anyone from Netherlands here - do you remember what kind of systems Netherland's Police used before countrywide TETRA was rolled out?
I have this image here of a policeman using Ericsson M-RK and I got curious.
nederland.jpg

Thatsclear

Premium Subscriber
I believe it was just a UHF convention system before they went to TETRA. I may be wrong though.

A-pen

Hi there from Belgium!

Afaik most systems in Europe before TETRA were a conventional UHF system with a 5-tone/Selcal coding.

v-v

Hi!
If there's anyone from Netherlands here - do you remember what kind of systems Netherland's Police used before countrywide TETRA was rolled out?
I have this image here of a policeman using Ericsson M-RK and I got curious.
View attachment 85902
Hi!

The used analog conventional system portable UHF 466-470mhz , mobile in car VHF 86-88mhz
the exception is The Hague region she used EDACS analog trunking network, and Eindhoven region analog Motorola Smartzone network.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Hi!

The used analog conventional system portable UHF 466-470mhz , mobile in car VHF 86-88mhz
the exception is The Hague region she used EDACS analog trunking network, and Eindhoven region analog Motorola Smartzone network.
Interesting. I heard a chunk of Norway (particularly the Oslo area) had an EDACS system before going Nodnet (not sure if it was analog/digital) but boy would I have loved to monitor one of those systems...

radionx

Well there was digital in Europe before TETRA showed up:
One of the first in Europe were the french with their RUBIS System for the Gendarmerie, they went digital with the big E included in 1992.
They still use it in the 4M Band (BTW: I never got why the US does not use 4M)

The today defunct Belgium Gendarmerie tried with analogue FHSS in the 80s but dropped it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.