Nevada Department of Agriculture Radio System/Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvranchosbill

Sept 19/2018
11:00am PST
I saw a 2018 year white chev silverado pickup today brand new crew cab and had NDA logo on door
found out that the logo is Nevada Department of Agriculture(NDA) on roof was a shiny new looking VHF High
1/4 wave with spring on NMO base, i didnt know NDA had radios as well as nv bureau of mines example, brand inspector back in 1990's to early 2000's was on NHP VHF Lowband 42 Mhz.
As of this time and since the NHP transition from VHF Low to short lived VHF High then to current NSRS/WCRCS Edacs 800 Mhz system i havent noticed brand inspector talking on NHP Talkgroup and i dont monitor NDOW much and the comms on that freq are not very active around my area unless there is a bear their trying to capture most of what is busy on freq is burning man time of year and then its US Fish & Wildlife running 10-29 on subjects callsigns begin with US followed by 3 digit number example "US-490" and Robert Units i assume may be USFS or BLM Law Enforcement way up in North West part of State.
Im now trying to find out what part of NDA would be using radios and what freq on VHF Highband?
Im going to guess it may be NDOW VHF 151.4750 Mhz and could be brand inspector, below is a NDA division list.
Back in late 1990's i would hear brand inspector go 10-41 and 10-42 or 10-76 to cattle auction yard in fallon,nv
he lived near me because i could hear him loud and clear on 42 Mhz talking to RENO NHP Disp i have no idea where
brand inspector may be whether on NDOW System or NSRS/WCRCS 800 Edacs System.
NV State Parks NDSP 151.3400 Mhz doesnt seem practicle due to limited repeater system and 24 hr dispatch.,NDOW is 24 hr handled by NHP Dispatch in Reno and US Fish & Wildlife is on NDOW VHF System, but here is something else i found out NV Dept of Agriculture partners with US Dept of Agriculture on some things and US Forest Service is a division of US Dept of Agriculture,so now i have more questions about radio in NDA truck on VHF Highband.
I posted [image of truck with logo/i made it myself from recall copy and paste] and that was what i saw up close and why would a brand new truck have a brand new antenna on it, truck had a brushed aluminum toolbox behind cab at window.
Does anybody know about this and what division of NDA and what freq is that division on?
What would callsign be?
Im just using the facts as i observed them and im curious i like the challenge then logging the accurate information that is most likely not going to be found by looking anywhere, you have to find out by the way im working on it now or know someone with information such as COM501 and he is bound by rules of giving that information and i wont ask him however he may comment on my post we will see.

NEVADA DEPARTMENT of AGRICULTURE(NDA)
(1)Animal Industry Division:
.A Animal Disease & Food Safety Laboratory
.B Livestock Identification(Brand Inspector)
.C Microbiology Laboratory
.D Wildlife Services(See FYI bottom of post)(Vetrinarian type services? i believe)

(2)Consumer Equitability Division:
.A Petroleum Technology
.B Weights & Measures(Gas Pumps)

(3)Food and Nutrition Division:
.A Child Nutrition
.B Commodity Foods
.C Dairy Commission

(4)Plant Industry Division:
.A Chemistry
.B Entomology
.C Environmental Services
.D Export Certification
.E Noxious Weeds
.F Nursery Programs
.G Organic Programs
.H Pest Control
.I Plant Pathology
.J Producer Certification
.K Rangeland Health Program
.L Seed Programs
.M Specialty Crop Block Grant Program
.N Good Agricultural Practices

FYI:NDA Wildlife Services is not to be confused with NDOW that is a separate State of NV Dept.
NEVADA DEPARTMENT of WILDLIFE(NDOW)
.A Conservation Education Division
.B Fisheries Division
.C Game Division
.D Habitat Division
.E Law Enforcement Division(151.4750 Mhz)
.F Operations Division
.G Wildlife Commissioners, Nevada Board of
.H Wildlife Diversity

Attachments

• 1_400.jpg
    1_400.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

gvranchosbill

10/02/2018
Minden,NV

I saw another NDA truck and got a photo this time, it was silver/grey 2 wheel drive chev silverado and had a magnetic mount nmo with 5/8th wave VHF Highband antenna on it, so now i have spotted two of these vehicles in minden, douglas county and today i put a little effort into searching for a freq they may be using, i never saw the driver of this unit so i couldnt tell if he was a brand inspector but in past brand inspector drove a bronco with nhp paint scheme and had overhead lightbar on it and i think they have peace officer powers so i doubt this was as a brand inspector. This is first year i have seen these trucks and both have antennas and i cant imagine why they have radios yet.
Photo of truck i spotted today around noon.

Attachments

• 103_1881 - Copy.jpg
    103_1881 - Copy.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 80

gvranchosbill

This may be who they are and it may be reason for radios

NEVADA DEPARTMENT of AGRICULTURE(NDA)
Animal Industry Division:
Animal Disease Laboratory
Livestock Identification(Brand Inspector)
Microbiology Laboratory
Wildlife Services, State Veterinarian

Bats test positive for rabies
August 21, 2018
Nevada agriculture officials are reminding the public to be cautious around bats after several of the animals tested positive for rabies across the state.
So far this year, the Nevada Department of Agriculture’s Animal Disease Laboratory has tested 61 bats and confirmed rabies in six of them, three from Clark County and three from Washoe County.
The Animal Disease Laboratory typically confirms between 10 and 20 cases of bat rabies each year.
The disease is common in bats throughout Nevada, and bat activity tends to increase between the months of May and October.
Officials recommend that any bats, dead or alive, that may have been in contact with people or domestic animals should be reported to county animal control and health authorities and submitted to the state lab for testing.
Contact the lab before attempting to pick up a bat.
Always avoid direct contact with any bat, and never touch them without gloves.
Don’t allow exposure to children or domestic animals, JJ Goicoechea, state veterinarian for the Agriculture Department, said in a written statement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.