Nevada shared Radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

richscan

HI
im trying to Programthe NSRS in my Radio shack Pro-2055, noticed their are two sites listed one is for laughlin the other Christmas tree , i believe that laughlin and Chrisstmas tree are the same site because Christmas tree is in laughlin, should they be programed together and on the christmas tree site in Radio REf it lists on of the freq as 869.6000
i believe that may be wrong as most scannes stop at 868.9875, thnaks for your help
since both sites are edacs what to program it right

thx Rich

TOUGHLIFE

The NSRS site on Oatman Mountain near Bullhead City, AZ covers Laughlin very well and can even be heard in the Kingman area. For Oatman Mtn the frequencies in LCN order are: 1-856.7375 2-857.7375 3-858.7375 4-860.7375

I think that Oatman Mtn is a bit closer to Laughlin than Christmas Tree which is well east of Laughlin not too far from Searchlight.

JoeyC

Also, EDACS sites should NEVER be programmed together. They need to be programmed each as separate sites in the proper LCN order in its own bank/system.

richscan

Neevada shared Radio system

HI Joey
thanks for the Info , Christmas tree pass is 5 miles from Laughlin , so i have no problem hearing it Radio Ref Lists to sets of Freqs for the NSRS one fi\or laughlin and one for christmas tree , i believe that laughlin and Christmas tree are one and the same , just wondered if i should program Both seys fo freqs in different banks thanks for your help

Rich

dwc

Database Admin
Heading down to Vegas for a week. We will be traveling to meet friends in CA for the day south on I-15. This system is massive and its a bit confusing as to which sites I should setup for my trip.

So far I have;

Jean
Las Vegas
Las Vegas - Hotel Rio
Las Vegas - I-15 and US93
Primm
Sloan

Are there any mountain top sites I should add?

Cheers,

dwc

Database Admin
Well it looks like I was able to figure it out. After looking through the archive posts I found a Google Earth file of all the sites on the system.

Thanks!

dwC

Status
Not open for further replies.