Nevada Shared Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

randycsz

Premium Subscriber
I have been working with scanners since the Bearcat IV, and have never had trouble programming them, even through my current model of the 396T. I travel a bit, so I have ARC software with the premium subscription to RR. Boy, does that make life easier!

I travel from Boise to California a few times a year, and usually drive and take my trusty scanner with me. My problem? I don't ever hear anything on the Nevada Shared Radio system.

Now, admittedly there is a lot of sparse country coming through Humboldt and Pershing counties, but shouldn't I hear something?

I usually just download the appropriate systems, but my question to you is I am missing a setting, or some piece of information that I am just not seeing. I appreciate any feedback..

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Hey Randy,
Welcome to radioreference! As far as that NV Shared system make sure you have the correct freqs for sites in that area. Not surprised there isn't much activity up North but there should be some. Also check your scanner when you are out there in no man's land you don't need attenuation on. Also make sure you have a good antenna. Good luck hope this info helps.

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
Do you hear anything in Reno?

Regarding the frequencies - most sites are rebanded according to the DB notes. I have an XT and use Freescan from the DB and don't know if there's anything special you need to do with the T model and ARC software.

Last edited:

gvranchosbill

I found a possible mistake for the WPQZ715 BATTLE MOUNTAIN-WEST Site.
RR DB has these freqs:
01 855.2125
02 856.7125
03 857.7125
FCC DB has these freqs:
01 855.2125
02 856.2125
03 857.2125
04 859.4625

It looks like maybe the 2 & 7 got mixed up?
I cannot confirm any site info first hand from Fernley going East.
Im looking for more, but it takes a little time.

sigint1

Was: joking
I have been working with scanners since the Bearcat IV, and have never had trouble programming them, even through my current model of the 396T. I travel a bit, so I have ARC software with the premium subscription to RR. Boy, does that make life easier!

I travel from Boise to California a few times a year, and usually drive and take my trusty scanner with me. My problem? I don't ever hear anything on the Nevada Shared Radio system.

Now, admittedly there is a lot of sparse country coming through Humboldt and Pershing counties, but shouldn't I hear something?

I usually just download the appropriate systems, but my question to you is I am missing a setting, or some piece of information that I am just not seeing. I appreciate any feedback..

If you are going through the Reno area almost everything is on the Washoe County EDACS trunked system including Highway Patrol - download the Metro Simulcast site from that system and that will give you Reno area coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.