Nevada Southwest Scanner Directory – What is the status of this document?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NORCAL

What is the latest edition of this directory? Does anyone know if there will be any future updates to this document? I have used this document in the past and found it to be extremely helpful!

Looking at the RR Data Base, I see frequencies listed for Las Vegas (15), Primm (3), Sloan (8), and Jean (4). Above the frequencies, RR Reference has a qualifying statement stating “EDACS systems reuse site number. Confirmed site numbers are numbered below 9000 with the right two digits indicating the site number.” None of these sites above have been confirmed according to RR. I would have thought the frequencies for LV, Primm, Sloan, and Jean would have been confirmed by now? This is the primary reason why I’m interested in looking at an updated version of the Nevada Southwest Scanner Directory to compare with the RR data base.

Additionally, I have frequencies stored in my scanner for Sunrise and Mt Charleston. These frequencies were obtained from the last edition (early 2008) of the Nevada Southwest Scanner Director. I do not see these frequencies listed in the RR data base. Have these frequencies been replaced by those listed for Las Vegas (15)?

Last question, I see frequencies for Baker. I’m assuming this is Baker, CA. What will be heard at this location?

TOUGHLIFE

AES reports that the current edition is the 7th dated Feb 2008. I assume a new edition will be out later this year or early next year. Since AES is the only dealer of the publication I suspect that they have something to say as to when the next edition will be released.

fredrick

it was my understanding per radio world the publisher of southwest scanner directory has moved to arizona i was in radio world yesterday looking for a copy of the book he no longer carry the scanner book could someone please post the address for aes thank you fred

TOUGHLIFE

I have heard that a group of three publishes the book and only one of them moved to NW AZ.

AES is located at 4640 South Polaris Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89103
North of Tropicana and West of I-15
For those who use fire maps, District 2823 Phantom 63
Phone: 702-647-3114
800-634-6227

737mech

Premium Subscriber
How might I see a map?

I have heard that a group of three publishes the book and only one of them moved to NW AZ.

AES is located at 4640 South Polaris Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89103
North of Tropicana and West of I-15
For those who use fire maps, District 2823 Phantom 63
Phone: 702-647-3114
800-634-6227

I would love to see a map of districts and phantom numbers where can I see them?
Don
737mech@cox.net

TOUGHLIFE

Fire Maps

I suspect that the City of Las Vegas sells fire map books, but they are very large in terms of the number of pages. They updated them for their own city as well as North Las Vegas and Clark County. I had access to the books and updates about 12 years ago for free as they were related to my last job. The City of Henderson may also sell them for their jusrisdiction. :p

TOUGHLIFE

Each district is one square mile so it might give you some idea of how many pages are required to map the Las Vegas valley not to mention many parts of Clark County outside the metropolitan area. The book also includes supplemental pages which cover large apartment complexes, mobile home parks, and other facilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.