Nevada trooper killed and gear stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunate and sad but this is more for curiosity of the comms side of it. I dont want to get into the immoral actions of the persons crime and obvious what should happen to him or should have.

Was others able to track the suspect since he had the unit radio, and portable radio this past week and was the radio on a trunk system?

Did it get thrown to a idle talk group?

I was wondering this when I read the article if there was ability to determine the suspects location based off a subscriber triangulation or just mere call ins and finding the suspect?

com501

All NHP vehicles have position reporting. They are trunked (EDACS). This murder occurred in a rather rural area of the State, as in many cases there are HUNDREDS of miles between towns. The perp killed the Sergeant, took his weapons AND HIS UNIFORM, before fleeing. (What kind of sick puke steals the dead man's uniform?)

There is a lot about this case that has not come to light until the investigation is complete. Suffice it to say, this jerk went down a road and got stuck and was taken down by the good guys. And yes, he is still taking up oxygen and cell space.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
I agree com. Reminds me of old academy training videos of the vhs days of dont be the next Daryl lunsford. (Not the modern YouTube lawyer videos) Probably misspelled but you know what I'm talking about. That full video isnt out there like most. Even the old timers become human and humane and rusty with protocol being decent in a society that doesn't see the other side causing one to question their on job duties.

Thanks im glad this was implemented with gps and itll prove point why we need gps in our police, fire, ems units out there. Unfortunately at a life.

One can say ideas and policies tend to be written in blood.

cinsu

I was driving up 395 out of Reno around 8 am last Friday and was hearing a lot of traffic on one of the Elko NHP channels obviously looking for somebody. I knew that it had to be a rather significant situation if I was hearing the traffic in Reno and they were asking from air support from Washoe County. Now I understand why. Very disturbing situation all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.