Never been able to pick up anythig with the HP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from Spring Texas outside of Houston. I have had a HP 2 for between 3 and 4 years and I am really upset with what I have. I even sent it in to be checked out and paid for the 2 county update. I cannot pick up anyting at all, except for some occational random traffic. I cannot pick up the Harris County law enforcement or fire/ambulance. Is this an antenna issue or do I need to cut my losses and try a different radio. It just has the stubby antenna it comes with. Really concerned with the amount of money already spent on this. Thank you for your time and assistance.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
You should log onto the Texas regional group and ask if there is someone close that could check to see why your HP-2 isn’t playing well. Doubtful it’s an antenna issue but going to RR Forums, regional (listed by states) should find you help to determine exactly what’s wrong.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Are you monitoring using favorites lists or the main database?

Have you updated the database in your HP2 recently using the Sentinel software? Free updates for the main database are available every Monday, but favorites lists need to be updated manually.

Do you have the appropriate service types enabled in the HP2 for the services you are trying to hear?

I’m not from your area, but the Radio Reference database indicates that Harris County Texas uses simulcast radio systems. If that is indeed the case, the Home Patrol 2 does not do very well receiving simulcast systems.

Last edited:

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
You should log onto the Texas regional group and ask if there is someone close that could check to see why your HP-2 isn’t playing well. Doubtful it’s an antenna issue but going to RR Forums, regional (listed by states) should find you help to determine exactly what’s wrong.

Please don't encourage members to cross-post.

KevinC

Super Moderator
How would you know if the members of the Texas regional group are aware of this thread?

The proper way to handle this is for the OP to report the thread and ask for it to be moved. But it's too late now as he already cross-posted it.

KevinC

Super Moderator
Continue here..

Status
Not open for further replies.