Never had any luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

caphab1

Never have I ever... Been able to decode Moto type II... I am trying to listen to Sheppard AFB on United States Air Force system BC31.. I get good decode but no audio from Unitrunker.. When I try to open SDR or DSD both apps are unable to find a dongle, of course, because they are in use by UT.. I have attached current settings photo..

Attachments

• Screenshot (10).jpg
    Screenshot (10).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 531

caphab1

sorry heres one with the audio receiver in it..

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).jpg
    Screenshot (11).jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 493

br0adband

First off: you've got too much crap going on. ;)

Second off: you don't need SDR# in this if you're attempting to monitor a traditional analog Motorola Type II trunking system, Unitrunker can do all of that all by itself. According to what the RR database shows it's just that: an analog trunking system so in this situation all you require is Unitrunker. If I'm incorrect on that blame the database information 'cause I'm staring at it here:

Sheppard Air Force Base Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

As noted, all that's needed is Unitrunker so you'd simply create a new receiver for the RTL stick and fill out the necessary info in the app and then fire it up and it should work relatively easy.

SDR# is for tuning single frequencies more than anything else, and even though there are plugins to add "trunking support" it's not really useful for that purpose (in terms of ease, some people can make use of it but it was never designed for that trunking aspect) as long as Unitrunker exists. DSD+ is only for use to decode digital communication formats like P25 Phase I (it can't do Phase II, at least not yet) or DMR or NXDN which in this situation isn't a necessity either because again you're dealing with a pure analog trunked communication system.

Hope this helps...

SCPD

QRT
Adjust the warp value on the signal role receiver so that the Window value (currently -250) is closer to zero (as close as you can manage).

Repeat this procedure for the voice role VCO. Adjust the squelch value so that the voice role receiver is quiet when tuned to a frequency with no active signal.

Read the "Calibration Procedure" sections at the link below.

UniTrunker | Realtek RTL2832U

kma371

QRT
Second off: you don't need SDR# in this if you're attempting to monitor a traditional analog Motorola Type II trunking system, Unitrunker can do all of that all by itself. According to what the RR database shows it's just that: an analog trunking system so in this situation all you require is Unitrunker. If I'm incorrect on that blame the database information 'cause I'm staring at it here:

Sheppard Air Force Base Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Stare a little harder...99% of the talkgroups are digital ;)

br0adband

Well duh, my mistake, getting older. :p

Ok so, that throws a wrench into things obviously and before I decide to do that I'll back out gracefully on this one with a proverbial tail between my legs, geez.

kma371

QRT
Well duh, my mistake, getting older. :p

Ok so, that throws a wrench into things obviously and before I decide to do that I'll back out gracefully on this one with a proverbial tail between my legs, geez.

Haha just giving you a hard time

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
So for the Digital talkgroups, simply route the Unitrunker voice receiver to DSD+ via a Virtual Audio Cable.

caphab1

Hey thanks for the info everyone! Will adjust/test and let you know how it goes.

And Broadband, please do not go astray. No one is perfect, we're only human after all.

Dog

Adjust the warp value on the signal role receiver so that the Window value (currently -250) is closer to zero (as close as you can manage).

Repeat this procedure for the voice role VCO. Adjust the squelch value so that the voice role receiver is quiet when tuned to a frequency with no active signal.

Read the "Calibration Procedure" sections at the link below.

UniTrunker | Realtek RTL2832U

Did you follow this?

changed all the settings, still getting NO audio from either dsd or UT.....

Exactly what all settings did you change?

Does the voice receiver follow talkgroups? Can you see them come up in the "Listen" section of the voice receiver?

caphab1

Yes I followed those instructions to the T

Yes it follows tg's and such but the audio does not come out of either program...

Dog

Yes I followed those instructions to the T

Yes it follows tg's and such but the audio does not come out of either program...

Unitrunker is doing all it is supposed to do at this point. I see in your screen shots you changed default recording device to your audio cable. You also have digital output set to audio cable. If you didn't change those you should be able to move on to DSD+.

How are you opening DSD+?

Edit: I am not sure if it makes a difference on your system however I see that you have "Cable OUTPUT" Selected as your default recording device and "Cable INPUT" set in the voice receiver digital output..

Edit: After doing some more research it looks like the "Cable INPUT" is the playback device and "Cable OUTPUT" is the recording device. You have the correct default recording device selected you need to set the digital output in the voice receiver to "Cable OUTPUT".

Last edited:

caphab1

Unitrunker is doing all it is supposed to do at this point. I see in your screen shots you changed default recording device to your audio cable. You also have digital output set to audio cable. If you didn't change those you should be able to move on to DSD+.

How are you opening DSD+?

Edit: I am not sure if it makes a difference on your system however I see that you have "Cable OUTPUT" Selected as your default recording device and "Cable INPUT" set in the voice receiver digital output..

Edit: After doing some more research it looks like the "Cable INPUT" is the playback device and "Cable OUTPUT" is the recording device. You have the correct default recording device selected you need to set the digital output in the voice receiver to "Cable OUTPUT".

DSD is only being opened by way of a All mode .bat file only since I am unable to locate the file for the dsd plus application to modify input output.. I am not using the FMPCC/VC or CC/VC .bat files. I again tried to change settings according to what you saw and referenced and still solid decode of data, seeing it flow, but still getting no audio from dsd.. grr

Dog

DSD is only being opened by way of a All mode .bat file only since I am unable to locate the file for the dsd plus application to modify input output.. I am not using the FMPCC/VC or CC/VC .bat files. I again tried to change settings according to what you saw and referenced and still solid decode of data, seeing it flow, but still getting no audio from dsd.. grr

There should be a file called DSDPlus.exe that is the file that you should be able to use to open DSD+.

If you can't see file extentions.

Open Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization. Now, click on Folder Options or File Explorer Option, as it is now called > View tab. In this tab, under Advance Settings, you will see the option Hide extensions for known file types. Uncheck this option and click on Apply and OK

caphab1

Right I see the .exe, but I cant modify that ones inputs/outputs, So i made a all mode .bat file where I can modify them... Either way I still get nothing.

Dog

Right I see the .exe, but I cant modify that ones inputs/outputs, So i made a all mode .bat file where I can modify them... Either way I still get nothing.

You shouldn't have to modify anything at this point to get it working. But as you say if you still get nothing I am out of ideas. Good luck hopefully someone will have a better idea.

caphab1

You shouldn't have to modify anything at this point to get it working. But as you say if you still get nothing I am out of ideas. Good luck hopefully someone will have a better idea.

Thanks Dog for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.