New 220 MHz Trunked System for Meadowlands Sports Complex

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority has licensed a 13-channel 220 MHz trunked system at the Meadowlands. The license is WQDS589. They've also got an application for another three channels. Has anyone monitored this system? I would think it's an LTR.

It looks as if they're trying to consolidate the many frequencies they have in different bands...

Dave

Last edited:

Alarms50

Looked at the FCC's website for this license, looks like it is a conventional system designations are FB2(fixed base) and MO(mobile) not Yx( as in a trunked system). Will plug the freq's in and listen at the game this Sun.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

The frequencies are licensed for ACSB but it is likely they are putting 5 ACSB channels together and making 2 NBFM frequencies. The FM bandplan is 12.5 KHz channel spacing with a 6.25 KHz offset. The three channel set is likely for one FM Channel. Check out 220.80625, 220.81875, 220.83125, 220.84375, and 220.90625 for NBFM activity. Passport seems to be a popular trunk system on this band. The Motorola HT1250LS+ and CDM1550LS+ can be used on 220 MHz Passport systems. An idle burst every one to four seconds is an indication of Passport.

Up in Boston we have a Passport LTR system on 220 MHz that combines ACSB channels for NBFM. Mobex has a Passport LTR system on 217 MHz that has sites in NYC (very very active), Philly, and Baltimore/Washington area.
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=3185

robertinnj

please send

i know there are like 2-3 freq in the 800's for meadowlands corect?

if so what are they?

are they definely going to 200 band?

jaymatt1978

I have personally confirmed the three 800 MHz frequencies. They are valid as of last December when I went to the racetrack. Haven't been down since so I don't have any more information. C an't believ they would move off of the three 800MHz frequencies because they were perfect. Don't know what services need "consolidating" because the Sports and Exposition Authority controls the entire complex. Alarms50: Did you hear anything on the three 800MHz frequencies?

elk2370bruce

With the way the Giants played, how many of them were listening to the scanner instead of playing the game? That was sooo pitiful and painful!

Alarms50

I only listened before and after (actually left with 5 min to go) the game. Was trying the 220 system and trying some 450 freq's licenesed to the NFL, didn't hear anything interesting there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.