New 450-470 MHz frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
I'm surprised that the new FCC Grants for Utah consists of new 450-470 MHz frequencies for state law enforcement (SW Utah) and the LDS church (West Jordan). With everything moving to 800 MHz, what could these new allocations possibly be for? Any ideas?

-Tim

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Interesting reading. Not sure about the state, but the LDS could be for Family (Emergency) Preparedness. It is possible that the main office would like a way to contact the outlying Wards in the the event of...... . At the monent there is heavy use of Amateur radio, but there might be a desire to have a system of their own. Again, this is just a SWAG on my part. The allocations are in the business part of the band.

As for the state, I wonder what Derol Simkins job is. I guess I'll tak a drive by the address's shown on the aplication.

qlajlu

Silent Key
gldavis said:
As for the state, I wonder what Derol Simkins job is. I guess I'll tak a drive by the address's shown on the aplication.
That address is the State Office Building on 2700 West. I'm not sure what you would find just driving past it. It is already bristling with antennas.

What I am wondering is why are they after more UHF frequencies when trunking is on its way to the southern portion of the state.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
The address listed for the LDS Church frequency (11022 S 4000 W, West Jordan) is actually South Jordan and is where their new Temple is being built. I live really close to there so I will add this to my list and see if I can figure out what it is for.

Last edited:

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
bneilson said:
The address listed for the LDS Church frequency (11022 S 4000 W, West Jordan) is actually South Jordan and is where their new Temple is being built. I live really close to there so I will add this to my list and see if I can figure out what it is for.

If its like Manti It may be in use after its built. Manti uses Radios for security and lighting all year but especailly during the Pagent.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Oh I am sure that is what it will be for. They are long into the construction process...

I am just surprised that they wouldn't use the 3D38 TRS system the have in SLC.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
qlajlu said:
That address is the State Office Building on 2700 West. I'm not sure what you would find just driving past it. It is already bristling with antennas.

Bristling with Antennas, ya say. Hmmmmm, Sounds like a Field Trip is in order. Hey, Damon, got any plans for the 2nd?

Status
Not open for further replies.