New 700MHz. Project-25 Phase-II Systems Coming Soon to New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Keep you system trackers running, several counties throughout New Jersey are beginning the process of deployment for their state of the art 700MHz. Project-25 Phase-II trunked radio systems.

The following counties have been granted their licenses by the FCC and have been added to the RR.com database.

Middlesex County, Ocean County, and Camden County

All of the transmitted sites have been added to the databases because the system will only carry the necessary talkgroups for each zone on the necessary towers. It helps to know which tower you may be closer to in order to prevent some receive issues generally encountered with simulcast systems.

Please keep in mind that these databases will be changing many times throughout the deployment of these systems; so check back often...

Those with Pro96Com setups, please report information on these towers sites when available?

:roll: Welcome to the new age of trunked radio systems and scanner listening! :roll:

GM

Premium Subscriber
With reference to Middlesex County, would it be a Project 25 Phase II TDMA (not Motorola X-2 TDMA)? I believe that Middlesex County has the 700 MHz capability already with some of their equipment; however it is Harris (and M/A Com) radios that are currently being utilized for operations. And is Middlesex County deploying a P25 system, or are they going to Open Sky?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
With reference to Middlesex County, would it be a Project 25 Phase II TDMA (not Motorola X-2 TDMA)? I believe that Middlesex County has the 700 MHz capability already with some of their equipment; however it is Harris (and M/A Com) radios that are currently being utilized for operations. And is Middlesex County deploying a P25 system, or are they going to Open Sky?

The state of NJ issued large grants for counties to buildout interoperable 700MHz. systems that users can roam throughout the state alongside the NJ statewide systems; thus creating a huge system for all users across the state. This system will be a Phase-II system eventually, but most likely it will be a 7.11 platform at rollout. At to Harris involvement, I have no comment, but their 7200 and above series subscriber units will indeed work alongside the Motorola Project-25 stuff without issue.

Everything is subject to change, everyone just needs to remain alert and monitoring for the changes... :lol:

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
O Joy! I get to buy a new scanner....... whats on the market for this new age of 700 systems?

I'd wait for a bit and see what else comes on the market in the next year; you've got time until these systems are fully implemented...

Otherwise, I'd seriously consider the PSR-800...

robbinsj2

Thank GOD it's not going to be an OpenScam system! :D

Info I have from last fall indicates it (Middlesex County's 700 MHz system) will be OpenSky. I certainly hope I'm wrong but I'm taking everything I hear, either way, with a grain of salt until a control channel goes live.

Jim

Last edited:

AlexC

Database Admin
From what I understand Middlesex is trying to get individual towns to go on to their system. The county has been pushing Harris hard but you still have townships (Woodbridge, East Brunswick, etc) who are going Motorola P25. The towns (maybe 1-2?) who have signed on likely will need capacity the system does not have. The county was looking towards OpenSky since they get more capacity per channel than P25 Phase 1/2. (four voice channels as opposed to two with Phase 2).

I had heard in August that there was "no way" they were going to go to P25. They may as indicated here received some political pressure (e.g. $) to look closer at P25 over ClosedSky.

Alex

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Add Union County (WQOM626) to the list, except as P25 Phase 1 C4FM for the time being. I've posted the link to the license a few times here. The construction deadline is supposed to be November, but a few people have already heard some transmissions (dead carrier P25) on 773.45625 from "Site 1" which should be Mountainside. The system will use the same three site simulcast that is currently used with the EDACS system. My understanding is once it's working, it will go P25 Phase 2 in the future.

Paid for with a $17.5M matching grant.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Who is doing the buildout and setup for Glouchester's P-25 Phase 2 system??

Cause of its who I think it is... I might have an explaination

Status
Not open for further replies.