New 996XT in Saskatoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdalrt

Premium Subscriber
Trying to program a new 996XT scanner here in Saskatoon. Using Freescan, I downloaded the PPSTN into the scanner. Seems to have loaded fine, but 24hrs, I have not heard a peep from it. Can anybody provide some advice?

Thanks.

BC_Scan

a few things , ,when in scan mode can you see the control channel on the display for one site , says the closest one to you,
I know my first time with freescan it did not take I had to go in and change some settings, I could see the control channel being picked up, that is the key, If radio does not hear control channel it will not be able to decode the P25 when non encrypt channel comes in
did you also delete all those US based pre-programmed systems, you don't want to scan thru a bunch of system that don't exist up here.
Best to send me or someone a copy of the system the way it looks on your scanner so we can see where you may have missed something. Can you say receive anything conventional , such as air band , business , taxi etc, or weather radio ?
Isolate one system the one control channel for your area say 139.8 or whatever it is, then go from there.

rdalrt

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply.

Just in the past hour I have started hearing a few rcmp transmissions. So I guess it is working?

Should I leave it scanning everything, or just leave it on one site closest to me?

BC_Scan

Depending on your antenna and how many sites you can here from your location, I would scan from 138-143 Mhz and see which control channels you can receive, figure out which ones they are then program them in as seperate systems, each with their own label ,

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Look under some of the Saskatchewan and PPSTN threads located here and you will find your answer.

ryan433pk

Premium Subscriber
The only thing you'll hear from the PPSTN will be EMS, Fire and a few gov't unencrypted agencies (IE Prisoner transport and prov revenue)

Status
Not open for further replies.