new 996xt scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilhelm1234

Just purchased new 996xt. I understand that I can program Motorola smart zone 2 by entering control freq. only and if so should I enter all control freqs.? My data shows 3 or 4.Is this the way to go? Sounds too good to be true.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Just purchased new 996xt. I understand that I can program Motorola smart zone 2 by entering control freq. only and if so should I enter all control freqs.? My data shows 3 or 4.Is this the way to go? Sounds too good to be true.

Yup all you need are the CONTROL CHANNELS the primary and the alternates.so in the radio reference date vase the RED & BLUE FREQS. No voice channels

Wilhelm1234

OK I'll try that there are probably a total of 50 agencies I'll have to block but its probably the best way to go I'm tired of messing with software

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
You don't have to "block" agencies, just program the ones you want and as stated use "ID Scan" (closed mode in GRE/RS speak since you are coming from a Pro-163).

Wilhelm1234

OK Kevin really appreciate the help.Didn't realize the degree of learning curve on this.Scanner should arrive in a few days.I'll advise how it went

kirk23

When you import the file from radio reference just click on the groups that you want you dont have to import everything. Especially if you come across a system that has shows more groups than the limit of 20. Which is the limit I believe for freescan to import at 1 time

Wilhelm1234

Stow Ohio I want summit county 800 system (stow, peninsula(PPD)and Boston heights.I managed to enter the right groups in my 163 if the software is similar I shouldn't have any problem

kirk23

Lol..
Use freescan its free you are just asked for a donation. . It works great..
All you will need is a RS232 serial adapter to connect to the supplied cable that will come with your scanner..unless you ordered the UNIDEN USB-1 cable at the time you bought your scanner. The RS232 arw inexpensive..you can find them at computer stores for $7-10

Status
Not open for further replies.