New ADS-B Exchange Tar1090 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else having issues with the new Tar1090 ADS-B? Now that the old ADS-B Exchange screen isn't available any longer I have been having trouble with the plane data/location loading, moving the screen around and changing display options/headings/labels.

My other internet pages work great and I've not noticed speed issues, Tar1090 used to work fine (except I really don't like the lack of available information available) but since the old version is no longer available it is almost useless for me. Just wondering if anyone else noticed performance issues?

storm777

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else having issues with the new Tar1090 ADS-B?...Just wondering if anyone else noticed performance issues?

I've been off from work since the 9th (high-risk category, doc sez) so I've had some time to play with the Tar1090. I continue to use it on a phone so I experimented with several smartphones--my Galaxy S9+ and my landlord's iPhone 10. I tried it with a few different browsers on each phone, as well as switching from mobile to desktop mode.

Like you, I had a great deal of difficulty moving the screen around; it was extremely sluggish. The display seemed more proportional in desktop mode, too.

Since this last Monday (16th), I noticed a marked improvement in smoothness when I move the screen. Like night to day. Have you noticed this at all?

I still prefer the old version but I can work with this one now without getting frustrated!

invergordon

The reason why it is sluggish when FIRST viewing in a new web browser or new device is that the aircraft, type and operator databases are being loaded into your browser. This is much more noticeable on a smaller and less powered device. But as @storm777 rightly notes, after a while the screen becomes much slicker.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Have any of you had issues with the size of the aircraft icons on the screen? I can see how to make the icons larger. I cannot find how you reduce the size or reset the size. My aircraft icons are too large.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Have any of you had issues with the size of the aircraft icons on the screen? I can see how to make the icons larger. I cannot find how you reduce the size or reset the size. My aircraft icons are too large.

Click on the + icon at top left corner, continue to press it to adjust to the size you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.