New Alinco DJ-X100 wideband receiver

scanfreqer

Scanfreqer
Premium Subscriber
Not to crazy about it. It's like the Motorola Ion in how they look like a cell phone with an antenna.

dempa

I recently obtained a DJ-X11T, which is a very good wideband handheld, but cannot locate anywhere the EDC-174 drop in charger stand, which was not included in the package. HRO, DX Engineering, eBay, no one seems to have it in stock. Is that a supply chain issue from Japan, or is Alinco no longer supplying it to the US market? I need to know Alinco's US marketing intentions before considering a new product.

Alinco has announced the discontinuation of the DJ-X11T series due to supply chain issues in its Japanese website.

Attachments

• 1668984570666.png
    1668984570666.png
    441.2 KB · Views: 38

scannersnstuff

Unless I miss the point, yet another overpriced Alinco failure ? . What is the sense of no trunking and no 800 mhz? . I owned the dj-x1000 for a short time, and was very underwhelmed. Crappy audio,slow scan speed, hard to program. I tradwd it off for a used Uniden bc780. The thing was expensive to boot.

scannersnstuff

Unless I miss the point, yet another overpriced Alinco failure ? . What is the sense of no trunking and no 800 mhz? . I owned the dj-x1000 for a short time, and was very underwhelmed. Crappy audio,slow scan speed, hard to program. I traded it off for a used Uniden bc780. The thing was expensive to boot.

K3JTP

Premium Subscriber
DX Engineering pushed back my special order of the EDC-174 charging stand to March, 2023(!). I have to assume that this is my wishful thinking, in that Alinco will not accessorize a model that is discontinued. Evidently the news of discontinuance of the DJ-X11T has not reached the U.S. market yet.

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
US$986.48 on eBay.

No thanks. Someone must be smoking some strong stuff if they think that price is anywhere near reasonable. The crippled frequency range alone rules out the usefulness of this receiver.

pb_lonny

This is interesting...

[Caution] You can't use it without advanced knowledge about radio and receiver, such as radio wave type, step, shift, selective communication such as CTCSS/UC, difference between tone and secret story, scan type, etc. No entry- level features such as automatic mode/automatic step switching, pre-written memory channels, and bug detection are not included. or railroad photography. Due to the nature of the product, we are unable to provide customer support that starts with an explanation of terms. Please be careful when purchasing.

・It does not support external media such as SD cards, recording, or wireless earphones .
・It does not receive all digital signals.

DJ-X100 is intended for sale only in Japan. Receiving modes are limited, doesn't comply with FCC/CE Standards, and all interfaces are in Japanese characters.We don't plan to produce , we may not reply to inquiries regarding DJ-X100 from abroad."

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
This receiver is definitely not meant for HF monitoring. Also, no memory card and no recording. Additionally, ensure you can read Japanese to use the receiver, software and manual. From what I read, this receiver is only made for the Japanese market. If you brick the receiver during the update, it will need to be sent back so study up on your kanji, hiragana and katakana. It also needs to be connected to a computer to use some features like position mapping and the receiver itself does NOT work with some AMD CPUs.

P.S. The suggested retail price is under $700 USD and it sells for less. Consider yourself warned.

oz1jua

Sad. This receiver would have been very suitable for Europe.
I did manage to get one radio in europe with a very overprice sending. And this radio feels very solid build. The Menu system if you can understand Japanese is very easy organised and not like some cheap Chinese Radio. I have also now manage to update the receiver with new firmware 2.00. But be aware that there is no warranty on this if it breaks. Also the receiver I get was allready open for larger reciever frequency this also breaks warranty.
And I also manage to create a set over 300 channels in the receiver with my own version of the programming software in english.
That was a big help not know what setup to use. (google was a big help with using a google translate app on my phone).

But here is where the radio stop perform as it schould.
Scan speed is super fine as long as it scan for Analog channel with 100 channels/s. Digital channel scan is very slow. It seems that it stop and check for activity on every channel that is just send repeater beacon. And then the level of sound is very very poor. You can almost not here the conversation. I do not know why this radio perform so bad. I have not find any settings in the menu that can activate at better sound.
If any know some trick then please give some advice here. But as it says this radio is only intend for the Japanese marked.

Last edited:

radionx

Sounds bad. I supposed the Japanese like good quality, but this sounds abysmal. I am not able to give any advice...sadly.

dempa

As a Japanese user, I think DJ-X100 is the best digital receiver for digital modes widely used in Japan. Fast descrambling and auto detection of whitening codes are the key features. But you need to physically modify the receiver and input secret codes to descramble and decode some hidden digital modes.

oz1jua

I know that my receiver has been modified. But then I also think that this modification perhaps can give a worse sound and performance. But I am not an expert. I realy do not know why the sound is so bad. The Voice sounds more like they have a deafening noise over the speech itself. If this is the modified reciever that give this, I like to know ??
Then I will try to undo the modification.
I think the modification that is done is what you have in the link @dempa.

DJ-X100 reception modification method found
Remove the chip resistor (only one larger) under the LCD.
No reset required
Extended to 20-470MHz

I can also in the programming software se that the radio has some hiddem Features like POCSAG etc.

And one thing I did not mention is that this radio has a lot of built-in' "Birdies".
Many more that I have seen on other cheap Chinese Radio.

Last edited:

oz1jua

I have created this sheet from Japanese to english to better understand the menu system.

Attachments

• DJ-X100 Quick Ref_eng.png
    DJ-X100 Quick Ref_eng.png
    760.5 KB · Views: 54

dempa

I know that my receiver has been modified. But then I also think that this modification perhaps can give a worse sound and performance. But I am not an expert. I realy do not know why the sound is so bad. The Voice sounds more like they have a deafening noise over the speech itself. If this is the modified reciever that give this, I like to know ??
Then I will try to undo the modification.
I think the modification that is done is what you have in the link @dempa.

DJ-X100 reception modification method found
Remove the chip resistor (only one larger) under the LCD.
No reset required
Extended to 20-470MHz

I can also in the programming software se that the radio has some hiddem Features like POCSAG etc.

And one thing I did not mention is that this radio has a lot of built-in' "Birdies".
Many more that I have seen on other cheap Chinese Radio.
Regarding voice sound, you can change detailed sound setting.
1690900418265.png