New: Alinco DJ-X11T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Air490

No price in Australia yet, but it is on the Nevada Radio site in the UK for 299 pounds (about US$460). Considering the weakness of the pound, I would be thinking the price will end up better.

Air490

It would seem the X11 is aimed at replacing the X2000, and it is more radio for the money.
Australian prices have appeared at A$499, so that should give a better idea of the final price.

MarkWestin

I just noticed that as of 06/16/2010 HRO shows the Alinco DJ-X11T ($399.95) in stock, but Universal Radio is not showing it in stock or even a price yet. Also there is a firmware upgrade for this radio on Alinco's Web Site but no Owner's Manual or Service Manual yet.

Mark

billajr

That is good news about HRO I'll have to check that out. I sent Grove a email two days ago asking about the new X11 I haven't heard anything back from them yet?

MarkWestin

Preliminary Owners Manual 1 of 6 (from FCC Web Site) page 12:

10 Tone Squelch and DCS, cut off shrill and rattling noises so that only the
target sound can be heard.

Mark

maalox

Preliminary Owners Manual 1 of 6 (from FCC Web Site) page 12:

10 Tone Squelch and DCS, cut off shrill and rattling noises so that only the
target sound can be heard.

Mark
oops i missed it it does has ctcss...

Last edited:

Air490

I am the proud owner...

I have had mine for about a month now. Just a few quick observations.
Scanning speed is much better than previous Alinco receivers. I have, so far, just used the Normal speed. I will do some experimentation with the fast speed soon. Sensitivity is good, on par with Icom receivers, and selectivity is pretty good. I have had a few minor issues, but all have been resolved through the use of squelch fine tuning.
Physically this is a great receiver. It feels fantastic in your hand. The Li-Ion battery lasts for a disgracefully long time!!! The drop in charger is a great piece of kit, especially since it is included. I can't come to grips with the belt loop... it's just plan strange! Backlit keypad is good, although the display characters are a little small when compared to Uniden scanners. The speaker is not particularly powerful (just like the Icom IC-RX7) but the audio seems pretty good, and is definately way better than the DJ-X30.
Overall I'm pretty happy with my newest toy!

wireless_friendly

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Anybody know, DJ-X11T (North-American version) will accept firmware designed for DJ-X11E (European model)?

bbrannan

Help With This Receiver?

Howdy,

I just got this radio. Like, just a few hours ago. And I wonder if someone here can give me a hand with it?

I'm blind, and frankly, the manual doesn't read well (talking about the online PDF here). In most places, it says "Press the key" (with a graphic to represent which key to press), but the important bit has no usable text. I expect I could get to grips with this if, for starters, I had a textual description of the keypad and alternate key functions. At least, that would get me started. Also, a guide to turning on the voice guide would be fantastic. I also expect that once I get the programming cable, programming with the computer may make things a little easier, but that hasn't shown up from Uniersal yet. (BTW, Universal has it for $329 right now, best price I found).

So, yeah, I'd be ever so grateful for some help.

N8IAA

Howdy,

I just got this radio. Like, just a few hours ago. And I wonder if someone here can give me a hand with it?

I'm blind, and frankly, the manual doesn't read well (talking about the online PDF here). In most places, it says "Press the key" (with a graphic to represent which key to press), but the important bit has no usable text. I expect I could get to grips with this if, for starters, I had a textual description of the keypad and alternate key functions. At least, that would get me started. Also, a guide to turning on the voice guide would be fantastic. I also expect that once I get the programming cable, programming with the computer may make things a little easier, but that hasn't shown up from Uniersal yet. (BTW, Universal has it for $329 right now, best price I found).

So, yeah, I'd be ever so grateful for some help.

You picked a difficult radio to program even not being sight impaired. I had it's earlier brother the DJ-X10, which was a breeze to program. The 11 requires a lot of menu reading to get to certain areas. It is a step forward from Alinco towards a SDR radio, but it misses a lot. I tried reading the manual to get a better insight for what I was going to use it for. Not good enough specs in the areas I wanted. Do really miss my X10.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.